LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mk (xxx)     24 January 2013

Extra marital affair and property

hi,i find that my husband is having an extra marital affair and carrying on with a girl who is half his age.this is goin on now since 3 years and im a little worried about the security of me and my children.we own a flat (our only asset)which is in joint names of me and my husband and the papers are with the bank as he had taken a loan and most of the installments are paid. what are the steps i should take if i want the papers to be with me.also,he has been presurrising me to sell d flat..can he sell the flat without my signature or by forging my signature if he gets the papers..and also what are the other steps i shud take ...Pls guide as i would be very thankful

Learning

12 Replies

rahul (director)     24 January 2013

you both need to present before sub registrar to tranfer the owner ship to buyer, there are photo taken( seller and buyer), so i dont think , he can sale without u.

1 Like

thanks rahul..that is a like a releiving news..any clue on wt steps shud be taken from my side as the papers are with the bank and im really scared 

bhagwat patil (Property due diligence 9422773303)     24 January 2013

If flat is purchased by both , the ROR will contain your name also.he cannot sale your share,nobody will purchase his 50%share as it is undivided share.If you are residing in the same flat you need not worry of flat.
1 Like

Thnks a ton but I have not paid for the flat ..its registered on both our names though..so I'm safe rite ?and yes I am residing in the same flat

Chetan Joshi (Advisory/Advocacy)     25 January 2013

Dont worry about the flat, it cant be sold without you...I wonder if you want to continue with this marriage?

Regards

Chetan(dot)7679(at)gmail(dot)com

1 Like

mk (xxx)     25 January 2013

thanks chetan..i am nt sure whethr i would continue ..but what are the other precautionary steps to be taken if i want the papers with me as it is pledged with the bank now.also what if he plans to run away,so what do i have to do if i dont want that to happen..is there any action i can take against that girl ..does it prove worthwhile to hire a detective?? plz guide

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     25 January 2013

No action, you can take on his mistress. Alteast your residence is safe and approach court for separation and maintenance. Even if he runs away the flat is in your name and nothing he can do.But your monthly income source will be cut-off, which you can seek through courts.

You can proove adultery and seek separation or divorce or whatever you feel like ( lawyers will tell you, but I wont) 

mk (xxx)     25 January 2013

thanks for your answer..also i wud like to know if my flat is registered?by which means can i find out that?

ROHTASH KUMAR SOLANKI (ASSOCIATE)     29 January 2013

There is no need to file a seperation suit.  Actually you should file a complaint in police station against your husband for infidelity under section 494 IPC.

mk (xxx)     11 March 2018

Hello Sir/Mam. It's been 4 years and this continues ...now my building is actually going for sale since its an old building .I have mentioned the summary and current status my husband is cheating on me for another woman .he does not intend to stay with us and has hinted for divorce .however not made any move as he's waiting for property as I assume. He also hinted manier times that i should give him divorce .I have 3 grown up kids .my son is having medical problem .daughter is marriagable age and i have a younger son .i stay in a house which is in joint names with him .my question is .since it's a old building the building is going for resale ..the other flat owners are vacating ...what do i do ? Is there a approach I can put it forward to builder and what could I propose to builder . for me shelter is more important .I have a fear he may take half the share and then tell us that he does not want to live with us .as he want to get rid of us by taking half of his share .he is playing it smart .please help with your valuable advice

mk (xxx)     11 March 2018

Hello Sir/Mam. It's been 4 years and this continues ...now my building is actually going for sale since its an old building .I have mentioned the summary and current status my husband is cheating on me for another woman .he does not intend to stay with us and has hinted for divorce .however not made any move as he's waiting for property as I assume. He also hinted manier times that i should give him divorce .I have 3 grown up kids .my son is having medical problem .daughter is marriagable age and i have a younger son .i stay in a house which is in joint names with him .my question is .since it's a old building the building is going for resale ..the other flat owners are vacating ...what do i do ? Is there a approach I can put it forward to builder and what could I propose to builder . for me shelter is more important .I have a fear he may take half the share and then tell us that he does not want to live with us .as he want to get rid of us by taking half of his share .he is playing it smart .please help with your valuable advice

mk (xxx)     08 April 2018

Sir this issue is still carrying on and ita being played smart by my husband Hence am continuing here Now the building is going for resale ,I'm afraid if he has transferred his rights to third party

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register