LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Megha (Service Woman)     05 July 2009

Urgently Required Format of Divorce Letter

Request you to give Format of Divorce letter or Letter of Separation by Mutual Consent(to:::::maheshwarii.megha@yahoo.com)

Regards

Megha

(Pls Treat this on priority basis request) friends pls help

Learning

10 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     05 July 2009

i ve never come across any such procedure.

divorce petition has to be filed formally in the competent court.

pls consult some local lawyer in this regard.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     05 July 2009

Dear Megha,

Format of petition for divorce by mutual consent is attached herewith. You may make changes according to your need and facts.

SANJAY DIXIT (Advocate)     05 July 2009

I think there is some problem in uploading the file. You may see the the format below---

In the Court of Hon'ble Principal Judge, Family Court, ……….

X aged about ------years, D/o A, W/o Y, R/o 123---

Petitioner No1

Y aged about ------years, S/o B, R/o 123-----

Petitioner No2

Valuation of Suit…………

Court Fee paid……………

PETITION  U/S 13B of HINDU MARRIAGE ACT, 1955

(FOR DISSOLUTION OF MARRIAGE BY MUTUAL CONSENT)            

This Petition is for dissolution of marriage and it is alleged on oath as follows: 

1.         Give the details of marriage (attach a proof of marriage, if any)  

2.         Give the detail of consummation of marriage.  

3.         Give the date of separation.  

4.        Give the details of children, if any.

5.         Petitioner and Respondent entered into an Agreement resolving all issues of the marriage, and agreed for divorce by mutual consent.. 

6.         Mention the conditions settled down between the parties regarding maintenance, alimony, custody of children, return of stridhan etc. 

7.       There is no reasonable likelihood that the marriage between Petitioner and Respondent can be preserved, and therefore, the marriage is irretrievably broken. 

WHEREFORE, Petitioners pray for its orders: 

a.         dissolving the marriage between the Petitioner No1 and Petitioner No2 ; 

b.                  and granting such other and further relief as to this Court seems just and proper in the circumstances.

Signatures 

Petitioner No1

PetitionerNo2

Place---

Date---

Verification

We the petitioners do hereby verify that the para no --- to --- of  the above petition are true and correct to best of our knowledge and belief.

Signed and verified on -----------of July2009 at court campus of -------------.

Place-------

Date-------

Signatures

Petitioner No1

Petitioner No2

1 Like

(Guest)

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

MOBILE.09325226691,09271971251

e.mail.adv.nbsawant@yahoo.co.in

e.mail.nandkumarbs@sify.com

REGARDING THE DIVORCE LETTER AND SEPERATION BY MUTUAL CONCENT KINDLY NOTE THAT

1.IN CASE BOTH THE PARTIES ARE NOT AGREED  FOR MUTUAL CONCENT DIVORCE YOU HAVE TO FILE A DIVORCE PETITION UNDER PROVISIONS OF HINDU MARRIAGE ACTUNDER SECTION 13.

2. IN CASE BOTH THE HUSBAND AND WIFE AGREE FOR MUTUAL CONCENT DIVORCE THEN BOTH THE PARTIES MAY FILE DIVORCE PETITION FOR MUTUAL CONCENT DIVORCE UNDER PROVISIONS OF HINDU MARRIAGE ACT.

3. IT IS A CIVIL COURT MATTER.HENCE NOTICE WILL BE ISSUED TO THE OTHER SIDE AND CONSIDERING THE WRITTEN SAY OF OTHER SIDE AND ON HEARING BOTH THE SIDES  THE HONOURABLE COURT MAY PASS THE JUDGEMENT AND DECREE.

KINDLY NOTE THAT IT IS NOT THAT EASY TO GET DIVORCE FROM THE COURT. IT IS MATTER  RELATED TO OUR SOCIETY  AND AFFECTING LIFE OF INNOCENT CHILDREN.HENCE COURT MAY TRY TO COMPROMIST THE MATTER BETWEEN HUSBAND AND WIFE AND IN CASE OF NO COMPROMISE BETWEEN THE PARTIES THEN COURT WILL PASS FINAL ORDER.

IN CASE ANY FURTHER HELP IS REQUIRED KINDLY SEND DETAILS.

WITH BEST REGARDS TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS

THANKING YOU

YOURS SINCERELY

NANDKUMAR B.SAWANT.,M.COM.LL.B.(MUMBAI),ADVOCATE

P.C.gupta (Manager)     07 July 2009

Dear Experts,

If permanent alimony is given to wife and divorce on mutual consent petition is signed by both parties and  filed in court ,With in how many months we can expect divorce? is there any chance to wife for stopping the divorce or creating any problem in meantime?

Mahendra Jadhav (Advocate)     07 November 2011

with regard to stridhana, if both husband and wife died who has the right over stridhana? can anyone focus in detail how the stridhana property will desolve?

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     08 November 2011

IN following order, 

1. Children

2. If 1 not present Relatives of the husband

3. If 1 and 2 not present Relatives of the father of the wife

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

sadhana mehta (-)     11 October 2013

can a petition under Sec 13 of Hindu marriage act be converted to petion under sec 13B for mutual consent divorce and will 6 months be counted from the date of filing the petition u/s 13.

xyz

Prasad (Manager)     13 November 2014

Hi There,

Please provide the format of Divorce letter.

Email ID: tsvprasad1986@gmail.com

gd luk (gd luk)     15 November 2014

sadhana mehta

-
[ Scorecard : 26]
Posted about a year ago Report Abuse
on 26th sept.'2013 @ 23:05pm

Filed divorce petition in family court ,I have not asked for any maintenence or alimony , my husband lives in London is an Indian citzen, and an Indian passport holder, the address in the marriage certificate is that of India, I just want divorce as marriage was not connsumated as my husband did not reveal to me the reason, perhaps he was not capable of connsumating due to some physical disability or he is a gay I still do not know the reason  I stayed with him for one year and returned to India , please advise if summons can be sent to Indian address where his father and family resides in India , and if the father accepts it will it be deemed by the family court as served. .  Is it also necessary to send the summons to his present residence in London or his office address in london through the ministry of law and justice in New Delhi or is it sufficient to serve at the local address in India which is the permanent address of the husband.

sadana

and

sadhana mehta

-
[ Scorecard : 26] Thank Contributor : Send PM
Posted about a year ago Quote Report Abuse
on 11th oct.'2013 @ 17:34pm

can a petition under Sec 13 of Hindu marriage act be converted to petion under sec 13B for mutual consent divorce and will 6 months be counted from the date of filing the petition u/s 13.

xyz

hope by nw u r free.
pl. share ur experience hw to tackle the hurdles.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register