Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Advocate Ashish Ranjan Samal (Advocate)     10 August 2012

Proud to be an indian?

Proud to be an Indian?

Its 15th August again! Functions and celebrations in Schools/colleges and Offices. Playing and singing patriotic songs. A speech or two... National Anthem and then the show is over. That was offline. Talking about the 'Youngistan', the Hi-Tech Gen-X "Independence Day! Let's get noticed" We have Online events, "Let tiranga be your Profile Pic", "Tricolor on every Building" "Rang De Basanti" "ATTENDING" My space, twitter, facebook... Vande Mataram and Jai Hind. By the gloaming... game over :| That was it? This is the verve of the great Nation. We call ourselves proud to be citizens of Mother India! I thought of writing about this "Festival of every Indian" which is nothing more than a public holiday now. Why do we celebrate it? Is it because our country got free from the shackles of the blood suckers! This is why we are celebrating? Do we deserve to? So, why just this day, Where does the Love for country go rest of the year? The questions kept obscuring... Putting a Tiranga on my Facebook.. is that all? Would that mean anything to my country! 64 YEARS of INDEPENDENCE! Lucky are you and I to be born in an Independent nation. But my nation needs more than just tattooing tricolor on my face. This is not how I would pay tribute to our Freedom Fighters. Those who crusaded.. for we can live this day in a free country. If they cared about their social lives, we wouldn't have been celebrating. 15th August would be just an ordinary day. This day has much more significance than we devote. It took lives. Not just of great fighters like Netagi and Bhagat Singh but all those fighters whose names no one knew and nobody would ever know! They sacrificed everything for us... Life is just an understatement. So here's my tribute to all those Heroes who followed their leaders, did what were expected to and died as a proud Indian. I don't know their names or faces but I know, what they gave to my nation was invaluable.. which is not an easy job. I salute to all those 'unknown heroes' on this day. May their souls rest in eternal peace. I owe them.. for every breath I take in this free country is the blood they offered to the nation. I owe them... for this soil bears their ashes and bones. As a citizen,I cherish and will follow the noble ideas which inspired our national freedom struggle. I will strive towards excellence in all spheres. Its my duty to uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity and integrity of India. My slightest of contribution towards my nation makes me worthy to be called a proud Indian. Here's a question to all the fellow Hindustanis... 'What have you offered to the nation?' Would your action today mean anything to India? Ask Yourself!! Its easy to say "I can die for my country" But your nation doesn't need dying as an offering. Everyone has a lot to give to the country and many of us do!! People build hospitals/schools for the impoverished. Industrialists/actors do charity. Not all can do that but even the little things can mean a lot to someone who needs it. Like educating the poverty stricken, providing them books and stationary. We've seen kids from talent shows performing for charity, promoting a noble cause! If kids can.. why not us! I perform dance shows for charity and its exhilarating to see them smile, to be able to give them little happiness. This is what our country needs.. not sacrifices but just a little bit of support. Then prevails harmony, brotherhood and what we all love to say 'Unity in Diversity' No parasite can then challenge our strength or test our patience. When I fulfill my duties towards my country I experience exactly the same vigor that every Hindustani must have had on this historic day of 15th August 1945. Now.. I'll proudly wave the Tiranga because Yes, I am Proud to be an Indian. ***VANDE MATARAM***

Learning

4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     10 August 2012

Surprisingly most of the Indian citizens do not know vandemataram and national anthem. My suggestion is that every citizen read national anthem every day at their respective places before begin their work.

(Guest)

GOOD POST

Rashmi (Student)     16 May 2013

N R Dash.. (Advocate)     16 June 2015

Good one. appreciable...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register