Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is SAPINDA ? How to Break it ??

Page no : 3

plaban (not yet)     13 February 2014

Sir, I am in deep with love with a girl who is my mother mothers brothers daughter. She is 3 years younger to me.We both love each other and want to marry. So sir whether this relation comes under degree of prohibition or sapinda relstion under hindu marriage act. Eagerly waiting for experts view

Chandeep Singh (Final Semester student)     21 February 2014

Yes, it come under sapinda. 

Vishesh Sharma (.)     27 August 2015

Dear chirag shah,

If you can somehow convince the court that the customs governing both the parties permit the marriage, then there might be a chance.

As this case is only in violation of para5 of section 5 of HMA and satisfies all other 4 conditions of Marriage.

samar   07 January 2016

Could someone please post a pictorial representation of a sapinda tree.

Sumit Kumar Pramanik   17 July 2016

Hi, The girl I am interested to marry is related to me in the following manner: My mother's side grandmom and her mother's side grandmom are sisters. Will it be possible for us to get married? Regards, Sumit

P. Krisantopal   03 November 2016

Hi Sumit

As per my understanding, You are looking for the the eligibility based on Sapinda. If so, Yes can marry her. You and Girl are out of degree of prohibition of Sapinda.

Thanks,

P. Krisantopal.

Adhi   15 September 2018

Mother ascent is inclusive of 3 generations and father ascent is inclusive of 5 generations . what is the reason behind or proof for deciding the number of generations

T Dutta Biswas (ahhsgd)     22 March 2019

Sapinda relationship as per hindu law Can be broken if the custom allows it to do so.Kindly refer Section 5V of Hindu Marriage Act.It says  "Section 5:Marriage may be solemnized between any two Hindus, if the following conditions are fulfilled.V)"the parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two".I agree with Madhurima Ma'am

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register