Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is SAPINDA ? How to Break it ??

Page no : 2

pavan (something)     07 February 2010

Hello Chiraj/Vishal,

Can you please provide your inputs also? I need the information on this situation.

Thanks and regards

Pavan J

krishna (student)     29 June 2010

i have a doubt(or say problem)..

me n my father's sister's daughter's daughter are planning to marry...

we both belong to different gothra..

is this accepted as  there is a long chain between us(and of diff gothra) or is this prohibited by law or religion..?

if so can you please give us a solution..

thank you..

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     29 June 2010

dear krishna and Pavan, it is tough but somehow after changing relgion it may be possible but we have to see your locations and customs.

Regards

krishna (student)     29 June 2010

we stay in HYDERABAD..

belong to hindu religion(padma shali)

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     29 June 2010

caste and gotra not a factor here.

change of religion not solve the problem. your relationship existed still then.

you find what is the opinion of the seniors of your family? is there any tradition of such marriage? then it will be ok.

Ravikant Soni (LAWYER IN JAIPUR)     29 June 2010

marriage between sapindas itself an offence under law....

Family Guy (b)     01 July 2010

Hi,

Does this apply to a marriage between first cousins? (two sister's children)

How is this relationship viewed in a divorce case?

Can either party claim that their marriage is illegal and therefore no divorce proceeding need take place?

On what basis is a marriage certificate issued in those cases?

romio (worker)     20 February 2011

hi i need u r help

romio (worker)     20 February 2011

mai hindu hu maharashtra se mai aapni mosike ladkise shadi karna cahta hu kya mai karsakta hu kya

Adv.R.P.Chugh (Advocate/Legal Consultant (rpchughadvocatesupremecourt@hotmail.com))     14 October 2012

I disagree with Mr.Vishal on this. Custom clearly overrides the law as far as Sapinda/Prohibited Degree is concerned. 

Read : 

5. Conditions for a Hindu marriage.-

A marriage may be solemnized between any two Hindus, if the following conditions are fulfilled, namely:—

(i) neither party has a spouse living at the time of the marriage;

1[(ii) at the time of the marriage, neither party—

(a) is incapable of giving a valid consent to it in consequence of unsoundness of mind; or

(b) though capable of giving a valid consent, has been suffering from mental disorder of such a kind or to such an extent as to be unfit for marriage and the procreation of children; or

(c) has been subject to recurrent attacks of insanity 2[***];]

(iii) the bridegroom has completed the age of 3[twenty-one years] and the bride, the age of 4[eighteen years] at the time of the marriage;

(iv) the parties are not within the degrees of prohibited relationship unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;

(v) the parties are not sapindas of each other, unless the custom or usage governing each of them permits of a marriage between the two;

amrish (Production Engg.)     22 March 2013

Dear All,

hello, to all, I came across this forum while searching solutions for my poblem related to my marriage, My question is can i marry my cousin Grand mothers daughter ,she is same of my age......

ur sugestions are needed.

mahesh (graphic designer)     24 March 2013

hello sir, 

i would like to marry my grandmother's elder sister's daughter's daughter.  is here any problem in this??

please help me...

with regards,

mahesh s

plaban (not yet)     13 February 2014

Sir, I am in deep with love with a girl who is my mother mothers brothers daughter. She is 3 years younger to me.We both love each other and want to marry. So sir whether this relation comes under degree of prohibition or sapinda relstion under hindu marriage act. Eagerly waiting for experts view

Sir, I am in deep with love with a girl who is my mother mothers brothers daughter. She is 3 years younger to me.We both love each other and want to marry. So sir whether this relation comes under degree of prohibition or sapinda relstion under hindu marriage act. Eagerly waiting for experts view

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register