Speedy trial (21 b) - research

Good post

Manager

Hi Amit,

I have one question. 21B is only for divorce or can I file for 498a also.

In 498a, there is nothing in the CC. All false and bogus allegations.

I have all evidences to defend myslef. My Examination is in Dec. Is it possible for me to file 21B and expedite 498a in 6 months?

Please advise.

master

section 21 B is of Hindu Marriage Act which is as follows:

(applicable for hma suits only. 498a is under IPC hence sec 21B not applicable here. however option for speedy trial under CPC and Constitution of India is open in your case. for further details on SPEEDY TRIAL refer http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/articles/Right-to-Speedy-Trial-3554.asp)

21B. Special provision relating to trial and disposal of petitions under the Act. —

1[21B. Special provision relating to trial and disposal of petitions under the Act. —(1) The trial of a petition under this Act shall, so far as is practicable consistently with the interests of justice in respect of the trial, be continued from day to day until its conclusion unless the court finds the adjournment of the trial beyond the following day to be necessary for reasons to be recorded.

(2) Every petition under this Act shall be tried as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made to conclude the trial within six months from the date of service of notice of the petition on the respondent.

(3) Every appeal under this Act shall be heard as expeditiously as possible, and endeavour shall be made to conclude the hearing within three months from the date of service of notice of appeal on the respondent.]

——–

1. Ins. by Act 68 of 1976, sec. 14 (w.e.f. 27-5-1976).

Total likes : 1 times

Worker

today, the Hon. District Court ordered to hear the appeal filed by resp. on Day-To-Day basis !

!! wow !!

keep it up Amit.. you are real fighter...

Amit... in which district court your case in going on?

Worker

@ gagan, 

Its Ahmednagar, Maharashtra.

Worker

No Say order passed against the Appellant

on my application for additional evidence (O 41 R 27)

previous dates :

11 / 11 / 2013

12 / 11 / 2013

next date :

16 / 11 / 2013

Stage : Final Hearing

Worker

19/11/2013

Hi AMit,

Any Update ?

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies