Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Divinity12 (Associate consultant)     17 April 2012

Need advise on divorce

Hi All,

I am settled in mumbai but after marriage, i agreed to relocate to chennai.  My marriage took place & was registered in chennai. But due to some serious issues i left chennai within a short period(only 2 months) & came back to mumbai.

My wife is staying seperately since almost  9 months, but not responding properly about how to go about divorce. She is not willing to relocate to mumbai although she has made false promises of relocation. We have one kid.

I wish to know if i can file a case in Mumbai jurisdiction & under what grounds.

Please advise.

Learning

4 Replies

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     17 April 2012

"She is not willing to relocate to mumbai although she has made false promises of relocation. We have one kid."

Try to talk to your wife/elder, if possible sort the matter amicably, manage to take mutul consent divorce.

if you would get fail to do so, filled divorce on ground "Cruelty"

Thanks hemant for your suggestion.

However i wish to know , in my case, what would be the jurisdiction , since i got married & registered it in chennai. Can the case be filed under mumbai jurisdiction

Just wanted to add that we both have stayed together in mumbai for a very brief period of one week as husband & wife. Also i am settled in mumbai.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     17 April 2012

If you want to file a case, it can not be filed in Mumbai. 

In your case only Chennai court would have the jurisdiction.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register