Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Virender Madaan (propreitor)     26 January 2012

Returned after 4 years

Sir,

My sister got married for 15 years was living happily

1) She left her husband home and is with us for more than 4 months. Everyting was going fine but there was some argument in both of them and she came to us. My brother in law came to take her but she denied.  My father is also with her. Now my father and my sister both have sd that my sister will not be living with the inlaws and if my brother in law can take a separate house, she can go and live with him. But my brother in law cannot afford another house.  But my sister along with my dad is not ready to understand.  Now we have also recvd a notice u/s 9.

As my sister is not ready to go in the same house, and not ready to divorce also so what are the options we have.

pls advise

Learning

7 Replies

anuradha goyal (member)     26 January 2012

file maintainance

R Nandy (N.A)     26 January 2012

I think better to give the whole matter more time and request your bro-in -law to take back notice.Slowly whole matter may cool down in another few months and then your sister can go to to in-laws house.After all she stayed happily with them for many years.

rajiv_lodha (zz)     26 January 2012

@ Virinder!

Ur sisters family life is on slippery ground. ITS TIME TO ACT WISELY........O'wise her life wil be spoiled. U have already understood that its difficult 4 ur BIL 2 have rented house.

Try 2 reason out with ur sister. Make the couple agree for taking help of a marriage councillar. Sec9 notice is nothing but his willingness to take the wife back.

Put some elders in between & resolve the matter amicably.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     27 January 2012

@ author, 

seems, u have understood the facts for urself.

now, make ur sister understand this.

this is the only option to continue the healthy married life of the wife.

there are several other options, which may prove to be distructive.

1 Like

**Victim** (job)     27 January 2012

Why file maintenance anuradha ? Her husband is wiling to keep her there is no avoidance here.....

3 Like

sridhar pasumarthy (ADVOCATE)     27 January 2012

Dear Virender,

Court will not grant maintenance to ur sister for her wilful desertion of her husband without reasonable cause.

Disputes after leading happy marital life for 15 years is not a welcoming situation.  I think by this time, they might have begotten children.

Better to compromise the issue with the interference of elders and well-wishers.

Virender Madaan (propreitor)     01 February 2012

thanks for the info

as u sd she cannot claim maintainance also 

they also have a daughter

wat my sis has done she has admitted her at our place and also taken the slc from the previous

school.

is she not playing with her life and her daughter's life

pls advise

if she has any other option where as elders r concerned my dada is along with her.

nobody is serious about her life

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register