Share on Email

Share More

How to claim the money from banks

Page no : 3

Aditi (N/A)     10 January 2012

True Mr.Prasad. Veyr well said.

Aditi (N/A)     10 February 2012

Hi All,

I would like to thank all of you for your kind and detailed information which was provided on time to resolve this case this day!

As stated by Depty Registrar, i had visited Notary office. The Notary just asked me why can't you claim the money when the nominee is mentioned in the FD?. He asked me to get the format for indemnity as they PACCS tamilnadu rejected the bonds written in english. He told me that i do not have the format in Tamil, only english is available. Get the confirmation from your bank whether they will accept english copy.

Level 3: - Try (Secretary to Special Officer to Depty Registrar to Joint Registrar now)

I had called up Joint Registrar to check at last before proceeding legally. The office superintendent of JR office answered the call and assured me that he will inform the secretary to dispatch my FD immediately. When i visited the PACCS, the secretary insisted me to write a statement in the request letter that:

I obey to PACCS rules and will take care of any legal issues w.r.t this FD in the future..".

When i denied to write such statement, they started questioning how can you prove the father-daughter relation?

Disheartening to hear such statement. How can a women produce such certificate after marriage? There was no birth certificate issued in 1950's. What if the person is an illitrate? How can they prove it? May be thru heir certificate. But that is anyhow not need in this case.

I had submitted my school leaving certificate as proof of father-daughter relation. I never had such horrible experiance so far with any other financial institution.

Then the secretary and Special officer asked me to produce the original death certificate. Which is again to procrastinate the process i guess.

The secretary asked me to come after 3 hours because he invited the village president, and the bank (the so called secretary ) is going to settle my FD infront of the president. I really got frustrated and wanted this to be resolved today, so i agreed to write the statement mentioned above that " i obey to PACCS rules" and got the money back. In between he said, this statement has to be witnessed by a person sitting in their office (who is a local DMK party person of that village).

He was trying to drag the time until gram panchayat president arrives, but i could get a revenue stamp from the auditor who was auditing their account that day (the secretary said we do not have 1 rupee revenue stamp and will have to wait for some one to get it).

Another funny and illegal documentation was that they where trying to fiill in form 17 and trying to get the signature from me in place of my fathers. How can a person died 14months before can sign a document now? Very illogical and illegal process they are following for their own comfort. I denied to sign and questioned how can you do it now?  And why should you do it now? Why did not you do it when the account was opened? The cashier said we missed to get it that time and its not a problem if you sign in this now. Anyhow, i denied.

After 2 hours of discussion the case came to an end and i got the money by just giving death certificate and school leaving certificate along with the FD receipt.

Its a great lesson learnt in a hard way by investing money, time, physical and mental strength!!

Hope my lesson will help someone in the future. I do feel like filing a complaint in consumer court and fight it myself. But the ground question and reality is, will it make any change to the system? I may or many not get a compensation for the torture i went thru for the past 1.2years.

When will this unskilled & half or no knowledged employees be replaced? The seniority based system instead of knowlege based is really screwing up the entire government function in state and central level. 

Thanks Again to all.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     10 February 2012

Madam,

I am sorry to hear the entire horrible experience.

What I wish to inform is that they should not repeat with this sort of behaviour, and when highly enlightened and helped educated person llike you suffered like this, what about the sorry plight of illiterate and rural folks who depend on co-op banking.  Please contribute and stop this agony to others.  I suggest the following:

1. File an RTI application seeking the procedure for settling nominations and pay prescribed fees to SPIO.

2. After 30 days,  file complaint before District Consumer Forum on deficiency of services claiming interest @ 24% from the date of your claim to the Bank + mental agony due to deficiency of services. Charges maximum Rs.500/-

Your case is so simple and you need not depend on other advocates and as you have crossed 60, being a senior citizen, you deserve priority in hearings and early settlement.  Forum cases are summary suits in nature.  Al the advices you have received take a print out and keep with you, so that you can submit the same to Forum with deposition for stregthning the case.

Issue a notice immediately explaining all the bad experience you have faced with Bank to the higher authority immediately .  Just copy and paste your final message making minor alterations.

With best wishes.

1 Like

Aditi (N/A)     03 July 2012

Dear All,

I just completed step#1 and the RTI reply from Deputy Registrar of Co-operative clearly mentioned that the banks should not insist any document other than identity proof and request for claim under nominee clause.

It's clear that we have a strong proof at our side now. I had to call up the RCS office to find out the Appellate authority to whom the RTI application can be sent as there was no response even after 30 days of application. The Superintendent had attended the call and asked me the reason for escalation. I had informed him the same situation and he replied that:

The Deputy Registrars are busy looking after so many branches across the city and they may take more than 30 days to reply the RTI petitions. And he added that my RTI request will be responded as quickly as possible and few days later to that call, the actual reply had reached me.

Good to see the reply. Just that everything needs a follow-up and the rules are just in books.

As an applicant, the RTI says that if we are not escalating the matter on time [ie., within 30 days of application, the first appeal has to be filed] we have to start the process all over again. I read this in some other post where the applicant had to start the process as he waited little longer than what is described in RTI.

Coming to next step - Filing a case in consumer forum

1. Can i file my case in any district consumer forum across India? I ask this because, i live in a different state compared to where the disputed bank operates and have to travel just for this case alone now.

1. Can my daughter or son file the case on my behalf?

1. Is it okay to file it online? I do not think the response thru online submission is timely. I posted one earlier and never got any reply. 

Thank You all very much for your continued support.

Aditi (N/A)     03 July 2012

Dear All,

I just completed step#1 and the RTI reply from Deputy Registrar of Co-operative clearly mentioned that the banks should not insist any document other than identity proof and request for claim under nominee clause.

It's clear that we have a strong proof at our side now. I had to call up the RCS office to find out the Appellate authority to whom the RTI application can be sent as there was no response even after 30 days of application. The Superintendent had attended the call and asked me the reason for escalation. I had informed him the same situation and he replied that:

The Deputy Registrars are busy looking after so many branches across the city and they may take more than 30 days to reply the RTI petitions. And he added that my RTI request will be responded as quickly as possible and few days later to that call, the actual reply had reached me.

Good to see the reply. Just that everything needs a follow-up and the rules are just in books.

As an applicant, the RTI says that if we are not escalating the matter on time [ie., within 30 days of application, the first appeal has to be filed] we have to start the process all over again. I read this in some other post where the applicant had to start the process as he waited little longer than what is described in RTI.

Coming to next step - Filing a case in consumer forum

1. Can i file my case in any district consumer forum across India? I ask this because, i live in a different state compared to where the disputed bank operates and have to travel just for this case alone now.

2. Can my daughter or son file the case on my behalf?

3. Is it okay to file it online? I do not think the response thru online submission is timely. I posted one earlier and never got any reply. 

Thank You all very much for your continued support.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register