LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     20 January 2009

How to get a domicile certificate in mumbai?

How to get a domicile certificate in mumbai?

Learning

14 Replies

phiyoni@adv (Legal Executive )     21 January 2009

Dear Nailram

the process is as under

How to Obtain Fifteen Years Stay Certificate

1. Introduction : This certificate is issued to those who prove that they have been continuously staying in Maharashtra State for a period of 15 years.

The Certificate is essential for following purposes -

• For getting preference in admission to Medical, Pharmacy & Engineering Colleges in Maharashtra

• For obtaining Driving Badge from Regional Transport Authorities

• For obtaining Flat/Plots from Government Quota

2. Under What Act/Rules/Govt. orders the Certificate is issued :
      Education purpose
    • Govt. of Maha. Revenue & Forest Dept. No.MSC-1083/8161/CR-63/M-5 dt.27.5.1983.

Taxi Badge
    • Govt.of Maharashtra. Home Deptt. Notification No.MVA-0289/613/TRA-2 dated 31 October 1991.

• Letter No.RTO/M/(M) from Regional Transport Officer, Mumbai (Central), Public Badge/1991/O. Sr.No. 8494 dated 11.12.1991.

MHADA flats/Plots
    • Govt. of Maha. Housing and Special Assistance Deptt. No.Allot/1089/5397/Desk-4 dt.22.9.1989.

• Govt. of Maha. Housing and Special Assistance Deptt. Govt. Circular No.Hsg/1190/(9)/D-19 dated 11. April 1991.

3. Whom to apply :Collector of Mumbai, Old Custom House, Fort, Mumbai - 400001, Ground floor, Single Window.

4. How to apply :Application to be made in the prescribed form Affix Court Fee Stamp of Rs.5/- on the application

5. What documents to attach :Certified copies of the following documents are required to be attached along with application:

• Any proof showing 15 years stay (i.e. ration card, rent receipt, electric bill etc.)

• Attested xerox copy of first and last page of ration card

• Affidavit duly affirmed on stamp paper of Rs.20/-.

1. For Medical, Pharmacy & Engineering Colleges admission School Leaving Certificate or HSC Exam Hall ticket

2. For Taxi badge from RTO driving licence and domicile Certificate.

3. For MHADA Flats/Plots certificied copy of allotment letter

6. Where to submit the Application - Single window, Ground floor, Old Custom House

7. Time limit within which the certificate will be delivered - 7 days

8. Complaint Redressal authority - Collector office Mumbai City

Application form will be available at Old custom house

Sanjeev Tewatia (Advocate)     22 January 2009

thanks

sev (proff)     04 February 2009

can u please  let me know what format should be written in the affidavit.

Ankur Sengupta (Service)     01 July 2009

can u please  let me know what format should be written in the affidavit.

Jaisy (Finance executive)     02 September 2009

can I get the application form online?

do i need to go to fort office for domicile even if i belong to vasai(Thane district)?

it will take maximum 7 days or it can take mmore than that?

i need to apply for UPSC entrance exam at State institue of administrative service and the last date is 15 th september & domicile certificate is needed.

pls lemme knw 

Dr. Dinesh J. Karia (Associate Professor)     21 January 2010

Is it not different than being domicile of Maharashtra? In Gujarat domicile means the stay of three years. Does the domicile rules/laws have high variations in number of years to stay in a particular state? see this link. 

mantra (Finance)     22 January 2010

My mother, age 52,  wishes to know if she is eligible for a domicile certificate. She was born and brought up in Mumbai (including school and college education, job and marriage).  The first 37 years were spent in Mumbai, the next 12 years outside Mumbai but in India, and the last 3years again in Mumbai.  She wants to know which 15years does the law pertain to, and whether as a Mumbai-ite by birth+37years, she is eligible for a domicile certificate. What does the law say?

Mohammed Aslam Ansari (Engineer)     17 February 2010

Dear All,

I need help I want mumbai domicile certificate for all my family member, My parents are born in UP and settled in mumbai from last 40 years.

We went to submitt the documents at Bandra Court but officer said us to bring my father birth proof/ letter from panchayyat/ court so we bring letter. and again went to submitt the documents but this time that officer was retired and new officer asking more documents (my parents marriage certificate, My sister has Leaving certificate but he asked birth certificate also but in the form mentioned any one LC or BC, and My sister was divoced women and she has one son.)\

So what i will do to get mumbai domicile certificate we all are born in mumbai except my parents we still leave in mumbai.

Dilip MIstry (Lawyer)     09 March 2010

What are the documents required for getting domicile certificate in Mumbai

Jayesh (System Admin)     22 April 2010

Hello,

I was born in Maharashtra.I am 24 years of age.I need to apply for Domicile for my MBA admission.I went to local court where they say that I am a minor and I need to procure my Father's Domicile before I can apply for mine.For Father's Domicile , they are asking for 15 different documents:

Ration , 10 years rent receipt , 10 years electric n phone bill,School LC , Birth Certificate, 10 years IT returns , etc.

Please tell me if there is a need of all these documents.If yes , Can you tell me the Act/Rules/Govt. orders.

Eagerly replying to the answer.

Thanks Jayesh

Karishma (NA)     22 April 2010

Hello,

I am a student and i need a domicile certificate for my MBA admissions. I was born in Karnataka, but staying in Mumbai with my parents from the past 20 years. I applied for a domicile certificate at the Vikhroli Court. They are giving me a LDC, i think thats a Limited Domicile Certificate. What is the difference betwen a domicile and a limited domicile? Will this create a problem during my addmission process?? Please do reply.

Thanks

ananda krishnan (student)     12 May 2011

Hi,i am an engineering student and needs domicile certificate for freeship.i stayed in tamilnadu till 5th std(age:9) with my father but my mother was staying in mumbai since i was 5 yrs old.i moved to mumbai in 6th std after my father expired and i am staying with my mother since last 8 yrs.my mother has a domicile certificate of mumbai.So is it possible for me to get a domicile certificate in mumbai coz my mother has a domicile certificate, and she is my only gaurdian? 

Silver Splash (none)     31 October 2011

Hello,

I am getting my domicile done right now. It is NOT complex ! Please do not confuse yourselves!

you can easily get your domicile certificate (maharashtra) without paying any extras to any agent. I've blogged about it. please see :

https://prepupsc.blogspot.com/2011/10/how-to-get-domicile-certificate.html

- Janani

Neha Jain (None)     10 May 2012

I was born and raised in Bhopal, MP. I am a domicile of MP. Now I have shifted to Mumbai and have been living here for the last 1.5 yrs after my marriange. My husband is a domicile of Maharashtra. I read on https://india.gov.in/howdo/howdoi.php?service=5 that I too become eleigible to get a domicile of Maharashtra State by virtue of my marriage to a man who is a domicile of Maharashtra. Please guide me with the procedure. Thanks!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register