LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

aatma   06 June 2011

Know Your Indian Police

Long History of Indian Police.... Think about how False Dowry Cases are fabricated by the great Indian Police...

A History of the Criminal Law of England

1883. Vol.1: Page 442, MacMillan & Co. London

Author:  Sir James Fitzjames Stephen, A Judge of the High Court of Justice, Queen’s Bench Division

During the discussions which took place on the Indian Code of Criminal Procedure in 1872 some observations were made on the reasons which occasionally lead native police officers to apply torture to prisoners. An experienced civil officer observed, “There is a great deal of laziness in it. It is far pleasanter to sit comfortably in the shade rubbing red pepper into a poor devil's eyes than to go about in the sun hunting up evidence." This was a new view to me, but I have no doubt of its truth.

=======

Tamilnadu Police Department

Criminal Investigation Department Review, 2007: Issue: IV

Criminal Justice System Precept and Practice

Tr. A.X.Alexander, IPS., (Retd. DGP)

There was a burglary in 1997 … … … within three hours the thief was apprehended and the property was recovered. He was sent to the prison and subsequently detained under Act 14 of 1982. He had 54 convictions.

... ... ...After the release, the thief and his wife came to see us and I asked him why he had committed thefts so many times. He replied that he was an assistant in masonry work and that he had committed petty felonies only and not definitely the cases shown in his conviction records and the police had taken him whenever they could not fix an accused.

I perused his conviction records and most of the offenses for which he was punished were motorcycle thefts. From his looks I could guess that he did not know even to start a motorcycle. I confronted him why he had committed thefts of motorcycles. He replied that he had not committed theft of any motorcycle but whenever motorcycles were recovered in series he was fixed as the thief. I sent for the Inspector who booked him, to know from him whether the allegation of the thief was true. The Inspector stood in silence for long and muttered that it was true and I told him that he has children and wished that he sinned no more... ... ....

=========

IN THE HIGH COURT OF DELHI AT NEW DELHI

Date of Order: August 06, 2010

Crl. M.C. 722 of 2009

Amit Sharma ...Petitioner  Versus State & Ors. ...Respondents

4. It is surprising that such FIRs are registered by the police when neither complainant lives in Delhi nor the accused persons live in Delhi nor any part of alleged offence had taken place in Delhi. … … … I consider that registration of this FIR is a sordid story of working culture of Delhi police. It is this police which refuses to register FIRs in case of robberies, thefts and other heinous offences which take place on the roads of Delhi and when the complainant dare comes to police station for registration of FIR, he is made to run from one police station to another on the issue of jurisdiction itself, while the FIRs are registered when nothing happened in India and no investigation can be done by the police in India. Why such FIRs are registered is obvious. It seems registration of FIRs has been made a profitable business by some police officials.

Learning

2 Replies

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     06 June 2011

@aatma

I want to ramify the last line produced from the Delhi High Court judgment::

It's OBVIOUS that registration of FIRs has been made a profitable business by ALL police officials.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

2 Like

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     06 June 2011

It's OBVIOUS that registration of FIRs has been made a profitable business by ALL police officials.

---   thanks for the information. common people badly effected by it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register