Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

toy (-)     05 May 2011

In which court should a single status affidavit be made?

Dear everyone,

I need an affidavit to be made by my parents in Indian court of law, stating that I'm not married and never married before.

I would really appreciate if someone could clarify me where should we go to make the above mentioned affidavit? (which court level or which court is authorized to do attested affidavits). Could anyone please help me out in which court should we make it?

Thank you in advance.

B.I.

Learning

11 Replies

Arvind Singh Chauhan (advocate)     06 May 2011

If this affidavit is to be filed before an authoruty which is not a court, you can get it from notary magistrate only.

If it is to be filed in court, you can get it through oath commissioner appointed by court or through notary magisrate.

Both notary magistrate or oath commissioners are available at any court campus.

krantiveer (Advocate)     06 May 2011

If you need an affidavit stating that you are not married, then you can get it notarized. But I did't understand the necessity of your parents making an affidavit stating that you are not married.

toy (-)     07 May 2011

Dear Arvind,

Thank you for your reply.

Highly appreciated.

B.I.

toy (-)     07 May 2011

Dear Krantiveer,

Thank you for your reply, as well. In a nutshell the necessity of the document is that I have to submit it somehwere else as part of a process.

B.I.

Trilok Nath Saxena (Lawyer)     08 May 2011

What process Notaries are recognised institution and affidavits sworn before them are accepted everywhere in India without hitch. If the requirement is out side India than the local law has to be seen/consulted before getting affidavit attested. in India there is no requirement of any such affidavit sworn by parents, Kindly disclose the full facts, so that we will be able to advise you properly.

Your's

T N Saxena

P.K.Haridasan (Advocate)     10 May 2011

For the purpose of filing affidavit other than in courts of law, you can make it on non-judicial stamp paper and get it attested by a local notory.

toy (-)     10 May 2011

Dear Trilok Nath Saxena,

Thank you for your reply. As for your information, the document doesn't have to be submitted in India but at an Indian embassy in Europe.

B.I.

toy (-)     10 May 2011

Dear P.K. Haridasan,

Thank you for your reply, as well. Apart from the notary attestation it also has to be apostilled at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs but that would be the last step.

B.I.

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     27 June 2011

Any Govt of India Notary attestation along with apostilled at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs can work out your problem

Subash (Founder)     28 November 2011

Hi Toy,

I saw your thread since am going through the same issue of getting a letter for proof of not being married. I need to submit it to the Indian Embassy in one of the EU countries, for our marriage registration. 

Can you please help me on how you got the affidavite done.

Can I take it from a normal notary or someone else.

Thanking you in anticipation.

subhash598@gmail.com

Nayan Mehta (Lawyer)     02 February 2017

For the purpose of filing affidavit for single status,  you can make it on non-judicial stamp paper and get it attested by a local notory.

Thereafer taht afidavit was attested by SDM then iafer it is attested by Home Department and get it attested.

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register