Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Exemption from Election Duty

Page no : 5

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     12 May 2016

Originally posted by : Sumit
Thanks for ur reply. Max penalty is Rs. 500/- as per u/s 314 of p p act. For ur reply no 3), kindly Quote relevant reference.. It is not correct. I am sure.

I wish if you were right

tHEN WHAT HAPPENS TO A CONVICTED GOVT SERVANT.

It is your seriour misconception that he wil just pay fine and be happy.

Ankur   13 January 2017

Dear Sir,

My name has come up for presiding officer but we are expecting. Can i get exemption on the grounds of my wife's pregnancy?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 January 2017

Originally posted by : Ankur
Dear Sir,

My name has come up for presiding officer but we are expecting. Can i get exemption on the grounds of my wife's pregnancy?

you appear to hav alreayd made a seperate query and been replied.

Priti   24 January 2017

Hello Can a minority institute teacher working in a non goverment body that is unaided section given electoral work or election duty.....

nilesh123   09 May 2017

My mother-in-law is retiring in 3 months and she is 58 currently.

Is there any GR for maximum age of the election officer for a lady..?

Can she be exempted from the election duty..?

Lokender Gupta (Director)     25 May 2017

My advise will be not to take strings with electoral authroities. Your department has very little say to decide as to what punishment should be givne for refusal of election duty. Refusing election duty is also a criminal offence. Once convicted you may keep on appealing but dismissal from service will follow the conviction. Go ahead if you want to make the advocates richer. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 May 2017

Normally deptts do not forward name of early retirees.  But if they have forwarded and election duty is there then it is a duty for ll practical purpose.

There is absolutely no age for election duty.  I have seen even re-employer pensioner being duputed for such duty.  Only DM can exampt from election duty for vbalid reasons and the procedure involved in that is much labourious then performing the duty.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 May 2017

Originally posted by : Lokender Gupta
My advise will be not to take strings with electoral authroities. Your department has very little say to decide as to what punishment should be givne for refusal of election duty. Refusing election duty is also a criminal offence. Once convicted you may keep on appealing but dismissal from service will follow the conviction. Go ahead if you want to make the advocates richer. 

Fully agreed.

Lokender Gupta (Director)     26 May 2017

Fundamental rights can be curtailed as per procedure established by law. While on election duty you cannot lave station till duty is over. 

Rajesh   31 January 2018

I am GroupA officer. I ve been appointed as Presiding officer in Tripura General Assembly election 2018, whereas my colleages(same rank) are appointed as Sector officer. So is there any law and order to appoint presiding officer

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     31 January 2018

Originally posted by : Rajesh
I am GroupA officer. I ve been appointed as Presiding officer in Tripura General Assembly election 2018, whereas my colleages(same rank) are appointed as Sector officer. So is there any law and order to appoint presiding officer

Why cannot you think yourself to be lucky man.  The resposibilitis of Presiding Officer (remunerated) is just 10% of the responsibility of Sector Officer (unremunerated).

The amount of time to be spent by Presiding Officer is 5% of what is to be spent by Sector Officer.

Powers of Presiding Officer are much more than Sector Officer.

Whether as Sector Officer or Presiding Officer, you will be reporting to SDM/Tehsildar who holds a lessor designation than you [ you said you are Gp-A]

Any way the DM office will be happy to see if you are ready to noose your neck as Sector Officer.  Go and meet DM/ADM/SDM in person.

Ambe Krishna   15 November 2018

Dear Sir,

I am a govt employee working under Autonmous body. I got election duty, and before this I whenever I got election duty I did it, this time we are organising a national seminar and since I am organiser and treasurer of that I have to be there in seminar, we can not change the dates also because it was already declared one year back and through out India delegates are coming. What should I do now ?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2018

Originally posted by : Ambe Krishna
Dear Sir,

I am a govt employee working under Autonmous body. I got election duty, and before this I whenever I got election duty I did it, this time we are organising a national seminar and since I am organiser and treasurer of that I have to be there in seminar, we can not change the dates also because it was already declared one year back and through out India delegates are coming. What should I do now ?

You have not at all indicated whether it is officialseminar or or any Union/Association.

If it is from Office then let your office givbe a replacement to Election Commission.

If it is unofficial then it may be either without you or hot held unless Distt Election Officer is willing to spare you from service and passes an order in writing.

If not then you have to chose what is important for your the (i) the seminar ; or (ii) remaining in the job and out of jail.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register