Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Exemption from Election Duty

Page no : 4

Parin Shah   29 October 2015

Sir,

I am employed with an autonomus organisation and as per the rules of the election commission, those employed with the Central or state govt can be alloted the duty. Can I expect relaxation in this case?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2015

Originally posted by : Parin Shah
Sir,

I am employed with an autonomus organisation and as per the rules of the election commission, those employed with the Central or state govt can be alloted the duty. Can I expect relaxation in this case?

"as per the rules of the election commission, those employed with the Central or state govt can be alloted the duty" WHO TOLD YOU THIS?

Parin Shah   29 October 2015

Sir I refereed to election commission's manual which reads it on 
https://eci.nic.in/archive/handbook/returning-officer/rch3/rch3_1.htm
Which mentions it, however not explicitly.

One more thing sir, I work as a lecturer in a private college, no scales have been offered, we are as good as temporary-fixed pay employees. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2015

Originally posted by : Parin Shah
Sir I refereed to election commission's manual which reads it on 
https://eci.nic.in/archive/handbook/returning-officer/rch3/rch3_1.htm
Which mentions it, however not explicitly.

One more thing sir, I work as a lecturer in a private college, no scales have been offered, we are as good as temporary-fixed pay employees. 

So you know the law and show it to DM.

Parin Shah   30 October 2015

But sir am I thinking and understanding the document in perspective or not? I m no expert, kindly guide. What should I do?

Parin Shah   02 November 2015

Sir Please guide me with a legal remedy in this case. I today have received a letter in this regard. And I need to respond.

Nahas   12 April 2016

Is it possible to get permission to go abroad to visit family member for a period less than a week when election code of conduct is effective.I will return before the date of election.

Plz give areply 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2016

Originally posted by : Nahas
Is it possible to get permission to go abroad to visit family member for a period less than a week when election code of conduct is effective.I will return before the date of election.

Plz give areply 

IF YOU ARE ON ELECTION DUTY THEN EVEN PERMISSION FOR LEAVING STATION (EVEN ON WEEKEND) CANNOT BE GRANTED TO YOU. PERSONS ON ELECTION DUTY ARE REQUIRED BY ELECTORAL AUTHORITIES MUCH BEFOIRE ELECTION AND NOT MERELY ON ELECTION DATES. YOU HAVE NOT DISCLOSED IN WHICH CAPACIOTY YOU ARE ON ELECTION DUTY.
1 Like

Nahas   13 April 2016

Thanks a lot for your quick reply Sir,

I haven't received any posting order till now. Election is declared on 16/05/2016. Last time I was posted as Presiding Officer.

Thank you once again

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2016

Originally posted by : Nahas
Thanks a lot for your quick reply Sir,

I haven't received any posting order till now. Election is declared on 16/05/2016. Last time I was posted as Presiding Officer.

Thank you once again

Already advised as per best of my wisdom and knowledge.

krishnaveni   20 April 2016

Hello sir 

I am krishnaveni, I am a teacher working at government school. I am kidney transplant patient. I couldnot stand prolongly and using common toilets will lead to infection for me. I am in a very difficult situation that I have been chosen for election commission duty as preciding officer. I could not travel as drinking unboiled waters and other condition would lead to infection. What should I do to cancel this election duty. Kindly reply sir. Thankyou in advance

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 April 2016

you will have to personally meet the DM with papers. your higher authorities in the deptt can help you by providing a substitute

Sumit   23 April 2016

I am a bank employee , appointed as Preciding officer in Chennai. It was mentioned in Manual of DEO and RO that Bank employee can be appointed as Micro observer. Here everything in local language which I can not read write speak. I don't know how will I control my team as most of them are not knowing English 1) Can I refuse to sign the documents as they are in Tamil as I can not understand the language. If not 2) Can I safegaurd my self on the sign done blindly at the time of election duty. 3) What if I donot report for election duty?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 May 2016

1) Can I refuse to sign the documents as they are in Tamil as I can not understand the language. If not

you can seekenglish translation

2) Can I safegaurd my self on the sign done blindly at the time of election duty.

you can write not understood ebing in tamil

3) What if I donot report for election duty?

disciplinary action which can be finalised only after consulting Election Commission + inprisonment not more than 24 months

Sumit   05 May 2016

Thanks for ur reply. Max penalty is Rs. 500/- as per u/s 314 of p p act. For ur reply no 3), kindly Quote relevant reference.. It is not correct. I am sure.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register