Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Exemption from Election Duty

Page no : 2

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 March 2014

@ Dhinrender Kumar. Please report full facts to election office (giving details of your bosses obstructing election duty) so that the arrest warrant is not issued against you and if issued against your bosses.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     18 March 2014

@ Dr Susan Sarkar Govt servant is not allowed to be Polling agent of any party.

Dinesh Kumar (MD)     19 March 2014

Sir, i have a little query with regard to my elder brother who is serving as a Professor and about 55 years old. He is a high diabetic and heart patient and remains under medication throughout the year. His medical bills are also being reimbursed by his organisation. He has been assigned an election duty. And the sad part, it is his organisation (better say some people of the organisation) who dont like him due to their prejudices against him have nominated his name. No other employee of the organisation (Central Govt) of his designation and pay scale has been assigned any such duty. So my question is how he can come out of this vicious cycle? I also understand that mere praying to the election commissioner might not help him due to obvious reasons understood by you. Kindly suggest.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     20 March 2014

praying before electoral authroites is the only way out.

Asim (Assistant Professor)     20 March 2014

Sir,I am an Assistant Professor working in a Degree College, Assam and have been on Study Leave for pursuing PhD since November/2013 under UGC Faculty Development Programme. A substitute teacher has been appointed in my place under the said programme. Now I have been sent a letter at my college address by the Election authority to get training as a Presiding officer, which entails that I will have to perform the duty of Presiding officer in the coming election. However, I have not received the call letter as I have to be at the Institute where I am pursuing my research. I have been released from my normal duties by the College authority for two years since November last. As I am at a critical stage of my research, it is very very difficult for me get time for the election duty. Kindly suggest me whether I can get exemption from election duty, and if yes how. Thank you in advance.

pratibha (NA)     20 March 2014

Are there any exemption from election duty for unmarried girls ......pls give the reference of rules in this regard.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 March 2014

no such ruling is there

ashish (pg student )     22 March 2014

hello sir, my dad is a govt employee at Arunchal Pradesh. he going to retire on june 2014. his name is put on election duty of 2014 and his age is 58 can u tell me what is the max age for election duties and how he can takeout his name from election duty. if you have link or document for it plz forward its urgent. thank you

cont... for above msg sory sir i want to mention it that my dad is a diabetic person.

cont.. of above msg. sory sir i just want to mention that my dad is diabetic patient

Suman Sarkar (Lecturer)     23 March 2014

Sir, I am a lecturer in a private institute.I have received an appointment letter of electoral duty from the local block development office for the upcoming loksabha election. Can u please suggest me how can i be exempted from election duty as I am an employee of a non government organization?

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 March 2014

no govt serrvant is also bound to be on election duty when appointed.

Rashmi (Personal Assistant)     24 March 2014

Dear Sir, I am a single lady and working in one of the Ministries of Govt of India and am staying alone. My family stays in my native place. I have been asked for doing poll duty for General Election 2014, as a polling officer (I have done my first training only on yesterday). My only concern is the date of poll on which I need to report at the polling station at around 3:30 or 4 a.m. and again after submission of the ballot box it might get late in the night. Looking at the crime against women in Delhi I am scared of getting out of my house at wee hours on that day. Moreover, the nearest metro station/bus stop is at least 1 km from my residence. I cant travel alone by auto/taxi. I want to do the duty but only during the day time when I can feel safe of doing it. Kindly advise what should I do. I already have put a grievance to Election Commission. But if they force me to do that what shall I do?

Dr Ela Atheaya (asstt prof.)     28 March 2014

sir

I have been given election duty on 24th April 2014  in Kalyan and training session on 15th April. We have been given initial training on 28.3.2014, 2.4.2014 and others.

However, I have pre book my family holiday travel to Anadaman from 13th to 18th april 2014.

Pl. advise what i should do, cancelling my travel plane will cost be a bomb or can i submit an application to exempt traning on 15tyh or request to reschedule my training if shall be entertained under which section.

I am ready to attend election duty on 24 th April 2014.

Dr . Ela

rajiv (official)     29 March 2014

i  am a cancer patient and i have been deputed on election duty  can i be exempted ..pl guide 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register