Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CrPC Amendment Is New Law: No More 498A Arrests for Extortio

Page no : 2

498aFighter (Analyst)     07 January 2011

Hello Bhaskar Ji,

Can you please send me that copy to my mail id singh.sp77@yahoo.com , I will conver it into PDF and attach it here in this forum like I attached CrPC amendment above.

Thanks!!

Hi All,

Here is The Gazette of India on CrPC Amendments 2008 - See the attachement below.

I am also planning to file an RTI to UP Police dept & other dept of UP Govt regarding these amendments. I will attache that also here along with some other Annexures to attach with RTI. Those who are interested in send the RTI from their end can send that too. More and more we nail the system through RTIs more are the chances that they will enforce it properly.

Thanks!!

Attached File : 11 11 annexure 1 the gazette of india on crpc amendments 2008.pdf downloaded: 489 times

Here is the RTI fromat attached below.

Those who what to send it from their end may fill the requird fileds and send it(along with annexures) to various dpts-

Thanks!!

Attached File : 51 51 rti crpc amendments 05 01 11 rev r1.doc downloaded: 299 times

Here is the zip file of Annexures and RTI application:-

Attached File : 1 1 rti crpc amendments 05 01 11 rev r1.zip downloaded: 290 times

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     07 January 2011

still one thing is left in this notification , date of its enforcement is still due which central govt will declare as per opening para of this notification.

Enforcement is also done in Nov 2010

See Home Ministry's declaration in Judicial section regarding enforcement on PIB site - https://pib.nic.in/release/release.asp?relid=67884&kwd=

However I will also file an RTI to fetch the notification from Home Ministry regarding the enforcement of these amendements.

Thanks!!

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     07 January 2011

The amendments were publishded in gazzete in 2009 now the problem is its date from which it is to be enforced. That notification is needed.

Helpme498a (NA)     07 January 2011

I found an Article on Hindu about the amendments

https://www.hindu.com/2011/01/05/stories/2011010550880200.htm

Helpme498a (NA)     07 January 2011

also see the Section of the Indian Penal Code applicable in the document below

https://www.voice4india.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/THE-CODE-OF-CRIMINAL-PROCEDURE-_AMENDMENT_-ACT-2008.pdf

1 Like

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     07 January 2011

One notification is attached herewith.

Attached File : 32 32 notofication dt 30 12 2009 of cr p c .pdf downloaded: 245 times
1 Like

Bhaskar for SOCIAL JUSTICE (Legal & Social Activist)     07 January 2011

Another file is big and is unable to attach.Will attach on Monday.

Thanks 

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     20 January 2011

No updates!!

Sorry 2 be dumb, what is the current status of the matter? Whether it is enforced through out India?

* Is it effective in false & haste arrests in 498A, how to use it if u dont have AB yet?

* Does it mearly mean that IO has 2 mark some crook 'reason' for arrest while fulfilling other formalities? Is it a paper tiger & easy farmality on IO's part?

I am anticipating arrest in false 498A. AB not granted. Will some prior RTI work towards this ammendment save my skin in the hour of need?

neel (self)     22 January 2011

Govt first needs to notify the date on which they would take a call about 'from which date the amendment signed by the hon precident be brought into effect and on which date it be notified to public'.

Do you know how the decontrolling the land ceiling etc etc happens...first builders go to CM and say 'withold untill we sell our flats and buildings in inventory which are already built'...land was bought at higher price....if land is decontrolled prices would come down and our profit would be washed out...

Similarly Law minister may take a stock of current situation (498a:- around 100000 cases in-the-process through out india....(multiply it by on an average 100 thousand rupees!! of wastages)

Absconding...Arrest....AB...bail etc etc lawyers/police/doctor/Heart  attacts/BP...assults, ..loss of work..reputation etc etc 

i.e

Around 1000 crores of 'turn over per anum' would get wiped out with this small notifiation!!!  

Would any Corporate Giant take any hasty decisions if it is going to erase turnover of such a magnitude!!! 

galsober@yahoo.co.in (def)     22 January 2011

Does it It mean that this ammendment is not in force yet? Arrest procedure in 498A is moving status quo throughout India?

Avnish Kaur (Consultant)     22 January 2011

no . lawyers are totally against it. it will attack their butter (bail) etc, so lower court judges also dont want it to be enforced as their butter also gone

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register