Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Do we lack minimum courtesy even to say thanks

Page no : 2

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     23 August 2008

Many jobs have been done. thanks does not matter much. during long course of legal services having rendered advising people while standing on traffic points at cross roads and people had taken advantage coming to know through newspaper that on my such advise the case is filed and got the justice. But, if some one thanks it makes us please also similarly very eager to know the result of our advise, if public in general takes care to inform atleast results, i think so, we will be very pleased and shall have job satisfaction and also more satisfaction of our advise being followed yielding the justice to the public. In one of my case person was travelling to Kolkatta and between Ahmedabad and Surat he explained his litigation being fought at some rural court in Mehsana District for property. I had given him advise of filing one affidavit-in-rejoinder with one/two certain points which the learned advocate of the place must have missed. He got down at Surat returned to his place and followed my advise - after three years on my old office address he sent me a letter of thanks and asked for my fees for that advise given in railway compartment. I was very pleased, I appreciated his action for asking for my charges, which I had not taken from him, but I wish more and more peole exploit our knowledge, experience and expertise.

Rajan Salvi (Lawyer)     23 August 2008

thanx for sharing your experience  with us. Goodness is like chain reaction. A small thank you, a smile, an attentive ear all go a long way in leading a full life. I would encourage all members to post thier good experiences in this forum.

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     23 August 2008

Sir, pl continue your good and useful contribution-thanks or no thanks. I have guided more than 700 persons on RTI directly and through websites, but I happen to get thanks not in 7 cases! Good work will never go waste. It gets credited in your account with the ALMIGHTY. I take it as GIVING BACK TO SOCIETY. 

Shree. ( Advocate.)     24 August 2008

Dear Sir,

Today’s life is on the fast lane and we all seem to be hurrying from one thing to the next all the time. But it is sad if consideration, courtesy and good manners are the casualties in this race. Life may be short but not so short that there is no time for simple courteous behaviour towards one another. Meantime as the wise one said:

The test of good  works  is to be patient with bad ones.

So, plz dont worry for this little things and carry on your good and Great  contributions  towards the society and country.

Regards,

Shree.

Baskaran Kanakasabai (entrepreneur)     03 July 2010

The grievance is very much right. Conveying thanks is the minimum form of courtesy required.Those who have not bothered to show that courtesy should understand the need for it. Nothing is lost by conveying thanks. On the other hand , such conveyance boosts the morale of any receiver of thanks and encourages him to continue his/her contribution.

Conversely for a person whose contribution has not been thanked or rewarded, the Gita guides as follows:

"Your Right is to work only.

But never to the fruit thereof.

Let not the fruit of action be your Object.

Nor let your attachment be to inaction."

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     05 July 2010

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

WHERE IS THE SAID FILE?

INTERESTED TO SEE IT.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register