Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Is it illegal to kill stray dogs?

Page no : 3

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     20 May 2011

it is neither legal. nor illegal.

the job is to the municipalities. they have arrangements, they catch it and through it or use it for some purposes.

contact the local parshad and convience him.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     20 May 2011

Not exactly so Mr. Arup, Unemployed. In Mumbai at least there is a High Court order to the Municipality not to kill stray dogs. If they still kill, it will amount to contempt of court.

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     20 May 2011

@ Vikramnity

I admire your own common sense.

If your locality people fight with each other but feed dogs,the simple reason is they get happiness in feeding animals.Not just in your colony,many poeople in India feed stray dogs.

It's said that dogs are a man's best friend.They are the most faithful,and never so selfish like humans.I don't understand why you are so surprised at these gestures of love b/w humans and animals..

If stray dogs are causing so much harm to you,then why do they harass only you?Do the dogs have a personal enemity with you?

If they bother your neighbours too,why will they feed them?Do you feed someone who bothers you?What does your common sense say?

Remember cities were created out of jungles and parks.God never created earth with a package of cities included.We humans never controlled our own population.So to solve housing problems,we finished the natural habitats of animals to make houses for this exploding population.

Therefore this whole earth is meant for all creatures,including humans.If humans have taken kabza of the earth and converted into cities for their own selfish benefits,it doesn't mean dogs should be thrown out.If you don't want them on streets,open a big animal home where you house stray dogs and feed them.Else leave them alone.They have an equal right to live here,as much as you do.

Tomorrow if your neighbour illegally takes control of your unoccupied land when you are away,and turns it into a bunglow,will you let him live there,because he has it now?That land is still yours.How will you feel if he says"Why is Vikramnity coming to my plot,where I have built a house?"

Atleast these dogs are not asking you to leave the city.They are just trying to live on the land which is also their home.But your ego cannot accept it.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 May 2011

Do the dogs have a personal enemity with you?

---   it depends upon the level of tolarence.

in my area cows roaming here and there, naturally cowdung everywhere on the street. cows seat on the street. even they do not  want to move against light and horn signal.

i get angried but others take it as a natural thingh.

what to do!

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     21 May 2011

In Mumbai at least there is a High Court order to the Municipality not to kill stray dogs

---   might be.

it seems that municipality chatches street dogs in bulk and against it some ngo's appeal.

as a result this order comes.

but this order is upon the municipality not against the general public.

hope it will be an interim order, what about the final.

hema (law officer)     21 May 2011

Roshniji,

I am really impressed with your answer.  I have got sympathy with the person who is facing stray dogs problem.  but your response is very humane.  we all know what you said, but collection of all those thoughts in one place changed the dimension of my thought process.  keep it up.

1 Like

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     21 May 2011

Thanks Hema jee

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Arup
"
in my area cows roaming here and there, naturally cowdung everywhere on the street. cows seat on the street.
"

Cows are having live-in relations by being with different partners on Chattisgarh's roads.They heard people on traffic signals praising you for bringing about live-in revolution in CG..They are having a good time subathing together on CG's beaches(roads).They say they will leave the roads only after you distribute boxes of sweets(read ghaas phoos) to them,for winning like Sachin Tendulkar.Uske pahle wo waha se hilne nahi wali.

If cowdung is there on roads,it's the duty of the municipality to clean the roads daily.You can't blame cows for their natural processes.Do we fight humans who use the toilets?No,because we have devised ways to clean.Cows are not so enlightened,that they know how to construct toilets and use them.So municipality is to blame.

See ,we have to be humane as well as practical.Don't be like Arab nations which shoot animals so that only humans live in the city.But don't be too laid back also.

So either construct animal homes that we well funded by citizens' donations,where animals are cared for v.well.Else let them move freely on the lands which are meant for them too,because God did not mention in any ancient holy books that animals have no right to live with humans.

(Guest)

Kindly read :

God did not mention in any ancient holy books that animals have no right to live with humans.

AS

God did not mention in any ancient holy books that domestic animals have no right to live in cities.

(Guest)

Some dogs are creating nuisance in streets.

For example today early in the morning i wake up as dogs are fighting with each other.

I also experience that dogs are in a late  night  bark on human beings and sometimes bites,as they show their temper in nights .

If  Roshni experiences

this(like she are running in streets and dogs are chasing her like film DON, and suppose byte her just look below picture from https://mizoramexpress.com/index.php/2010/05/mizoram-govt-to-provide-free-treatment-for-snake-and-dog-bites/ 

,then her humanistic approach will gone away.But lets not forget dogs are our true friends ,govt, should kill those dogs which are ill but they dont have any time and if govt. feels that from the particular area there are so many dogs ,then only they should give order to kill dogs another option is i

f too many dogs in streets ,nasbandi (Khasi ) is solution but sometimes the problem is like this ; female dog is a mother without kids and  she has a milk accumulated and her brest is swoolen and probably paining. The reason is municipality people did not do their job properly.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     21 May 2011

The High Court order was issued several years ago. It is still there. It won’t be repealed unless someone successfully challenges it.

When slums come up in posh areas, they used to be demolished. But nowadays they are not. If they are uprooted, they are given alternative accommodation, but far away from the centre of the city. But dogs are privileged. Though they cannot be killed, they can be sterilized. But after sterilization they must be left back at the same locality from where they were picked up.

Mumbai Municipality doesn’t kill dogs thanks to the High Court order. But there is no High Court order for not  killing rats. No NGO is supporting the poor things either. Probably Madam Roshni and Madam Hema together can start one to protect them. There are expert rat catchers. They kill and carry the dead rats to the Municipality. They are paid a certain amount for each dead rat they bring.  There are no locust lovers either. They come in swarms and they are killed in millions by selfish humans. What about mosquitoes, beg bugs and all? God has ordained them to live on human blood. We should consider ourselves privileged if we get an opportunity to give our blood to them. Those, who beat and kill them, should be sent to the gallows.

Cow is a useful animal. Generally they are owned. But once they stop giving milk, they are let off or sold to the butcher. The poor things do not enjoy any live-in relationship. They are tied down in cow-sheds. The owner only decides when they should have the company of the stud bull. And there are very few stud bulls. Hence many cows have to share one. What live-in relationship? Most of the bulls are castrated. Neither the cow nor her owner would be interested in castrated bulls. When cows no more give milk, they are given freedom to roam in the streets. But which bull will be interested in live-in relationship with such cows?

Talking about cows and bulls, the latter will have no relevance, with the advent of machines. What shall we do with them? Most states have anti-cow slaughter laws. Humans do female feticide. In the case of cows we can do male feticide.

Madam Meenal Bahadur: As for ancient texts, see my post dated September, 2010

Vikram RMD (Acc)     21 May 2011

Dear Roshini B,

If you had any common sense, you wouldn't thrust your 'god' on me or anyone else. We are talking about street dog problems here, not some 'god'.

Your beliefs that you have listed - apply only to you. Not to me. Do not assume that your beliefs are valid in everyone's eyes.

Rest of your 'analysis' - not worth commenting on. It is useless.

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     22 May 2011

Cows are having live-in relations by being with different partners on Chattisgarh's roads.

---   you rightly observed.

except the spices of human being, every living thing, do live - in.

that's why it is the original, natural and oldest process of conjugal life among the living world.

Cows are having live-in relations by being with different partners on Chattisgarh's roads.

---   not only chattishgarh the picture is almost same at delhi and other parts of northern and eastern part of indid.

in towns and cities, it is available in  slum area and villages also.

In the case of cows we can do male feticide.

---   ha  ...  ha   ...  ha  ...

rightly spoken.

human spicies are very selfish.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register