Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

divya (na)     25 September 2010

signature change

hi,

after marriage, we bought a property. i used the new signature to sign on the sale documents. however at that time, in my pan card or any other legal document the new signature was not updated. later we decided to keep my old signature as we were told we can sign anyway we want . so apart from sale deed and one bank account all other places have my old signature. now due to some software problem, the bank is not allowing to have 2 different signatures in 2 accounts of same name. since my pan card and all legal documents contain the old signature we will have to change the signature in the bank account to the old one.

will i face any problems while selling this property?

what can i do to rectify this problem?

Learning

2 Replies

V. VASUDEVAN (LEGAL COUNSEL)     25 September 2010

Signature is a reference to ensure that the claimant is the bona fide account holder/genuine claimant. PAN card signature will be a best reference. However, there is no harm in keeping different specimen signature for different accounts as long as you remember the same. If the bank wants the signature to be changed, bank will have a specimen signature card or data sheet where you can affix your signature afresh and effect change in the record. Once the change is effected, the new signature will be the reference for operation of the bank accounts.

Kanaksinh P.Boda (Educationist/Lawyer)     29 September 2010

Yes. I got full cooperation from the manager of the Bank, since my original signs were changing, he registered my latest one on a separate speciman card with my phot and up dated accordingsly.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register