Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushanta (student)     02 August 2010

Category of legal Judgments

Hello  All,

I am a post-graduate student in Computer Sc.  currently doing a project  on Legal Judgments.  Please help me by answering below mentioned questions :---      

a :--   Is it correct to say that,  all legal case  falls under either Civil law or Criminal law ?  If no then what are the other categories ?

b :--   Are Constitution law, Family law, Property law , Taxation  sub-category of  Civil law or they are independent  from Civil and Criminal law ?

c :--   How a person can identify whether a case  falls under   CIVIL law, CRIMINAL law or Family law, Property law or Taxation ?

Thanks in advance.

~Sushanta

Learning

2 Replies

jeny de souza (Advocate)     03 August 2010

Civil law would mean and include disputes between indivduals and the STATE WOULD NOT INTERFERE. Only the aggreived has to approch the court of law. Whereas, criminal law would mean that the act is against the State and State would take action against the erring individual. On this aspect civil and criminal laws are deferenciated. There are so many branches in each of these. Did I clarify u?

Sushanta (student)     03 August 2010

Hello Jeny,

Thanks for your kind response. I got your point regarding CIVIL and CRIMINAL cases. But I need more detail.

Could you please  help me by explaining the answers for the questions mentione by me.

Thanks in advance.

~Sushanta

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register