Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjay (Engineer)     07 July 2010

Relieving Letter from Company

Dear Experts,

I have decided to quit my present company due to some family problems. But my present company doesnt issue me the Relieving order to me to join an another company. What can i do to get relieved from my present company? I need to transfer my PF also. Can anybody please help me on this issue?. Thank you

Learning

7 Replies

Satya Narayana Palukuru (Advocates & Mediators.)     07 July 2010

Have you submitted resignation ?

what is the rule provided in ur appointment about resignation?

Sanjay (Engineer)     07 July 2010

Hello sir,

I have given my resignation on 02.07.2010. My reporting manager had also accepted my resignation and he signed the resignation letter to leave me. But the company MD does not approve that copy. The HR dept demands MD signature in that copy to give me the Relieving letter. As per company policy, three months is the notice period, but this policy was recently established by HR and it was not there when I join this firm. I also told them that I will pay the notice period days and quit. But they want approval from MD to accept my resignation. How can i get rid of this problem?. Please tell me some suggestions.

Satya (Team Lead)     13 December 2010

It looks employers with 3 months notice periods are most tough to get relieving letter. I also have not received a letter from a employee called Larch Tech/Orios (flora2000.com). They forcefully want me to work. There organization are bad organization where no one want to work. We should not go there.

Few are telling it is legal issue and few are telling not. I am checking whether we can ask for it or not legally!  

Gaurav Gurnani (NA)     26 July 2011

Hello Sir,

I had decided to resign from my comapny in 2009, that time my current company require engineers on urgent basis, so they said we need only resign accepted acknowledgement letter with company stamp. than my National Head accepted my resignation letter, that time my previous company not issued any releiving/experience letter to me even they deducted One Month Salary also. and now they are refusing to give me letter because i did not served notice period.

Sir Please guide me how to tackle them.

Thanking you,

Gaurav

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 July 2011

If new policy of 3 months notice was not communicated/ supplied to you and was not accepted by you in writing, you can contest it, and submit your resignation as per original policy stated in your appointment letter. You should mention the effective date of resignation in your resignation letter. On the effective date you should submit your resignation (under proper acknowledgment with seal and signature) addressed to your appointing authority or send it by regd/speed post with AD. If AD is not received back by you, you can obtain POD from PO. If PF number is not stated in salary slip obtain it writing (by email or by letter) from company, before leaving the company.

Before or on effective date of resignation submit company property and obtain proper acknowledgment and use your rapport goodwill to obtain written comments that no company property is due and no assignment/project is due to be completed. This can be be as good as NDC/NOC

If your reporting authority has signed your resignation letter and you have the copy with his signatures, this would imply your resignation has been supplied to company. Company reserves the right to accept the resignation.

Company can sit on relieving letter. Company can not withhold service/experience certificate, form 16,F&F,PF accumulation reports, PF forms. It is better to transfer than withdraw the PF as after 10 years member becomes eligible for pension.

New employer can absorb the new employee on the basis of acceptance of resignation, NDC/NOC, service/experience certificate, F&F.

mohan (software engineer)     04 June 2012

Hi,

I have some different issue. I am working as a software engineer in chennai. i have 90 days notice period. I am applied a resignation on may 17 releving date as june 26 2012.

In the employment contract signed. They have one clause. i.e

The term of this contract shall be valid for 12 months from june 28 2011 and shall be automatically renewed for a further period of 12 months, unless terminated by either party.

Based on the above clause. When i ask them they not reply for mail and informed. What ever it is you need to serve 90 days notice. so my relieving comes around 17/Aug/2012. Till that new employer not wait.

What can i do now. Whether this clause is effective or not. when i cancel the contract. i need to continue my service after june 26 2012.

knidly anser me

Regards

suresh

mohan (software engineer)     04 June 2012

Hi,

I have some different issue. I am working as a software engineer in chennai. i have 90 days notice period. I am applied a resignation on may 17 releving date as june 26 2012.

In the employment contract signed. They have one clause. i.e

The term of this contract shall be valid for 12 months from june 28 2011 and shall be automatically renewed for a further period of 12 months, unless terminated by either party.

Based on the above clause. When i ask them they not reply for mail and informed. What ever it is you need to serve 90 days notice. so my relieving comes around 17/Aug/2012. Till that new employer not wait.

What can i do now. Whether this clause is effective or not. when i cancel the contract. i need to continue my service after june 26 2012.

knidly anser me

Regards

suresh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register