LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sanjeev Kumar (Freelance Software Developer)     17 July 2008

How to register a proprietorship firm in Karnataka

I am currently a freelancer software developer making software projects for various companies. I now want to register my software company as a sole proprietorship company. Kindly let me know the procedures, forms required and the approximate cost of the registration process. Also let me know what is the criteria for the registration of service tax. I need this information urgently. Kindly help.

Learning

9 Replies

Adv.rhishi (Advocate)     17 July 2008

Dear Sanjeev,

Proprietorship is a sole business and hence it is governed by the State Shop Act, and registeration of your place of business under proprietorship will not cost more than 1000-1500 INR.

Instead it is suggested that you can form your own Pvt company with a capital of 1 lakh INR. and any shortage of capital falling below this amount can be made good within 2yrs of formation of your Pvt company.

Regards,

Rhishi.

(Guest)

I am practicing in Bangalore, and can help you in the matter.  However there cannot be a Sole Proprietor company.  Company means either a Private Limited Company or a Public Limited Company.

As you are starter, you can go for Pvt. Limited Company with one lakh capital.  It costs you approximately 25000/- to float a company with a share capital of Rs.lakh.if you have Digital signature or else the cost for digital signature and DIN no. is extra. It is inclusive of all professional charges and compliance for one year.

Registration under service tax is free, there is fee for the registration payable to government, you only have to file an appliacation. with a pan no.

In case you need my services call on Mobile 9241780775 M.G.Kotresh

Guest (n/a)     23 August 2008

On registering as a company do we have to pay some amount monthly. Or there are any other charges other than mentioned above. What is Share Capital of Rs. 1 LAkh. Please if someone can throw some light on this my Email address is sumeetrajaggarwal [at] gmail.com Contact me on this email.

Jerald (Accountant)     12 February 2009

hi,

pl help me in finding where to register my sole proprietor firm.

I am starting a software training.

any added benefits for women entreprenership?

Regards,

Jerald

Leticia (Senior Instructional Designer)     10 November 2009

Hi,

I intend to start a sole proprietorship firm from home. I am a travel consultant from Goa.

What are the registration pre-requisites? Also, can I safeguard my sole proprietorship firm name and the tagline. I want to protect my IP as I would be forming a Pvt Ltd within a year, if that is possible.

Could someone please guide me through the legalities as my IP is important to me, so I do wish to lay the foundation well.

Thanks & Regards,

Leticia

sandeep (CEO)     01 February 2013

Hi,

Firstly select a place to start your business and obtain a rent/lease agreement for the same. Then along with your PAN and other POA and POI visit your nearset DISTRICT REGISTRAR office and request for Firm Registration form. fill it up attesh the same and submit required documents with prescribed fees (Not exceeding 1500). Your firm is registered. Then subsequently you can visit the office of service tax commissioner for ST registration (not exceeding 1000).

Hope this was helpful, for more queries email me : sandeep.lodaya@gmail.com

Regards

Kevin Rajj (Owner)     22 May 2015

Hi Sanjeev,

I am not sure about sole proprietorship firm. but I can recommend you a good consultation company i.e. https://www.indiastartup.in especially for starting up a business/company in Bangalore, Karnataka. My of my friends got registered their company through Indiastartup .

Mageswaran   24 July 2015

Hello,

I need to register Import and wxport business as properitorship in bangalore.

Can any one guide me to proceed further..

Regards,

Mageswaran.

Prabir Kumar   27 June 2017

Hi Sandeep. Just saw your note. its ia very userful.... Just wanted to check that can we submit all the form online instead of going to REGISTRAR Office or SERVICE Tax Comishner office. ??? waiting for your reply..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register