LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Aggarwal   17 September 2019

354A case

my mother in lodged 354A/323/341 against me, I got arrested, and went jail for 10 days,my wife posted newspaper cutting in my office , and I lost my job. can I file a case against her , what can I do, DJ ordered 10000pm as interim maintaince.and final is yet pending

Learning

5 Replies

Deepak Aggarwal   17 September 2019

mother in law

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     17 September 2019

Until you are proved not guilty you cannot file any defamation suit even.

Just you need to challenge the maintenance for being unemployed adn or make the maintenance redused considerably.

If you failed to pay maintenance you will be in arrears and they can file for recovery. Better to sort out the things.

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     17 September 2019

You need to prove yourself innocent before filing defamation case, maintenance order can be challenged on the ground of unemployment.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 September 2019

even if you are acquitted the chances of defamation case are very slim.

Your wife (as you said) only sent newspaper cutting to your office.  Given facts indicate that she only revealed that there is newspaper report against you (unless you are yet to dislosse more facts) The newspaper people are very professional these dayss, they publish news as quatation of others.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 September 2019

This action of your wife (which resulted in loss of job) does not debar her from enforcing maaintenance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register