LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anand   05 September 2019

Nomination of flat under maharashtra co-op soc.1961

sir, me(primary holder) and my wife are joint holder of a flat at thane. I have only daughter.
whose name should I add in nomination form.? Does my wife became next owner automatically after my death or only nominated person will be the heir? Even society is unanswerable.

Learning

5 Replies

Adv Rohit Dalmia 9324538481 (Lawyer)     05 September 2019

Since its a joint name. Hence, you are having 50% share in the property and similary your wife also holds 50% share in the property. Incase something goes wrong with you your wife a joint owner would not directly becomes the complete owner of the property, untill and unless the legal heirs i,e, your daughter gives her Non Objection in writing to the society in favour of her mother.

Thus, it is advisable that you and your wife fills up the nomination form in favour of your daughter, if she is minor then you need to appoint the guardian too. For further query, you may visit www.dalmialaw.com or cal on 9324538481.

Regards

Adv. Rohit M. Dalmia

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     05 September 2019

You can nominate your daughter for the portion of share you own in the property. Even you can make a will to that extent.

Anand   05 September 2019

thanks to both. @ Rohit Dalmia sir, As u said Joint holder need NOC if daughter is nominated as heir to claim for ownership. but what if I nominate my wife with 100% .

Nilesh P   06 September 2019

It is for you to decide whose's intrest you want to secure
You wife Or Daughter's

Its your personal call

Anand   07 September 2019

okkk. thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register