LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay Kumar   31 August 2019

Wrong Entry of consideration amount on e-sbtr

While filling online form on IDBI website, I entered all details correctly but consideration amount
was entered 247000/- instead of 24700000/-. Stamp duty and registration fee amount is correct, will it create any problems in future?? This is a silly clerical mistake, should I ignore it and go ahead with registration??? Some lawyers are saying go ahead for registration and there will be no issues with this.

Learning

4 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 August 2019

Write a letter clarifying the amount, and provide hard copy that shows the consideration immediately to IDBI through Regd post with a simple covering letter.

This is to bring to your kind attention, that there was a mistake while entering Consideration in column No.. of on line forum of.................in website.  The consideration was  Rs.247,00,000/-.  Inadvertently in the online form consideration was mentioned as Rs.247000/-.  The self-attested copy showing actual consideration is enclosed.  While expressing regrets for inadvertent error, we will be thankful for correcting the same with consideration as Rs.247,00,000/- and confirming of such correction at an early date.

Thanks Sir, but IDBI Bank is saying they cannot make any correction on their part on esbtr. What to do in this case??? I have to complete registration process as the seller may not be available at a later date if delayed, as he is NRI.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 August 2019

Recording a specific fact of mistake is your duty, and let them respond that they can not make any correction, as it amounts to admitting receipt of your letter pointing out the mistake, and that you have with all sincerity and commitment brought their attention to the mistake, and your actions are bonafide.

Thanks for your reply Sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register