LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Darshan   23 August 2019

Renewing leave & licence agreement

I (Licensor / Owner) rented out a Commercial Shop in Surat on registered leave and license agreement signed for 11 months. The Licensee has been in need for his business, therefore renewing L&L after every 11 months continuously for past 3 years.

FY 2019-20 is the 3rd year and Licensee is operating his business from the said commerical shop with a valid L&L for 11 months.

Is there a law which defines that Licensor can lose his property rights if the same Licensee operates his business from the said premises for over 3 years ?   Even after licensor is holding a registered leave and license agreement on which legitimate stamp duty has been paid ?

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 August 2019

There is no law that under leave and license agreement licensor loos their rights over property. 

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     23 August 2019

There is no law that under leave and license agreement licensor loos their rights over property on contineous three years of agreement. 

1 Like

Darshan   24 August 2019

Mr Shirish Pawar Thank you for your quick reply. However, If I (Licensor) renews L&L for the 4th year with the same Licensee then is there any law which states that 1. Licensor looses his rights, claim n ownership over his property ? 2. Licensee then can make a claim of being a new owner because he has been sitting in that commercial shop for 4th year in a row ?

Darshan   24 August 2019

Mr Shirish Pawar Thank you for your quick reply.

However, If I (Licensor) renews L&L for the 4th year with the same Licensee then is there any law which states that
1. Licensor looses his rights, claim n ownership over his property ?
2. Licensee then can make a claim of being a new owner because he has been sitting in that commercial shop for 4th year in a row ?

Read more at: https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Renewing-leave-amp-licence-agreement-203122.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register