Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh   13 August 2019

What will be the issues after changing name of wife

Hi,

My wife having her all documents with her maiden surname and father's name (not changed after marriage, but we do have marriage certificate though)

After marriage me and my wife bought a house with joint name of both because we also seeking loan from bank in co-applicant (my wife). So at the time of dealing it was so rush and not have sufficient time to change the name in ID's of my wife so it's remain the same in property deeds and home loan account also.

Now if my wife change the name in her documents e.g. Aadhar, driving licence, PAN card etc. what are the issues we have to face in this property matter (now or in future) e.g. if want to sell the house. Or is it easy to change the name in property records?

Any help/suggestions are appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

g isaac (Lawyer)     13 August 2019

Nothing will happen.It is custom for ladies to change or names of husband and an information to the office/ dept., is sufficient. In respect of Adhaar and other related records it could be changed proviing authority ie the husbands name.

Yogesh   13 August 2019

Thanks for your reply.

So in this case, we can proceed to update name in ID's? Is there any other formal procedure to make it clear in the future as well that both the names are of a same person.

sm.calcutta (Advocate)     13 August 2019

make an affidavit stating that both are the same person.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register