LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akky   11 July 2019

Query

I am in relationship with a boy who is married. But his wife is not living with him from past 2 years. He was married in 2016 and his wife left home in June 2017. I met him in 2018. We both wants to marry each other. For this he had applied for divorce in MP Court. Earlier his wife was not ready for mutual divorce hence he files case in court for divorce. But now his wife is not appearing for any of the hearing in court. Now court has given time of one month and then ex parte divorce will be granted . I am in confusion that can our marriage be valid or not????

Learning

8 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     11 July 2019

You marry after the decree for divorce is obtained.

Akky   11 July 2019

Sir...Kitna time lagega decree milne me???

Akky   11 July 2019

August ki last date mili hai.....Uske baad court ne bola hai exparte kar denge

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     11 July 2019

After exparte you have to wait for 90 days as it is for appeal in the higher court against decree , before this if you get married then your marriage will be null and void and a criminal charge of bigamy will be imposed on your friend.

Akky   11 July 2019

Sir, what if 2nd party appears on August date??? Will it be final or another date will be granted

After exparte you have to wait for 90 days as it is for appeal in the higher court against decree , before this if you get married then your marriage will be null and void and a criminal charge of bigamy will be imposed on your friend.

If 2nd party joins the proceedings then the case will run in its normal procedure

If 2nd party joins the proceedings then the case will run in its normal procedure

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register