Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajiv_lodha (zz)     10 June 2019

Adoption of daughter by step mother

Hello,

My family dispute cases are over since past 4-5 years. I got contested divorce and remarried. Minor daughter was living with me since birth. Ex wife used GWA case to harrass me but later that case was dismissed as withdrawn. Permanent custody is thus with me.

My present wife now is not her biological mother. I want to be her mother in all documents and for all practical matters.

1) Is it possible that my wife may legally adopt my biological daughter?

2) Will this process require involment of my ex wife too at any stage?

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   11 June 2019

It is not possible as natural mother is alive .she can become step mother. As father is natural gaurdian let she also become joint gaurdian .
1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     11 June 2019

Thanx 4 reply

Plz elaborate more-- "As father is natural gaurdian let she also become joint gaurdian"

Problem is that daughter is entering std 10.

In future I want present mother's name to be added in her 10th certificate as well as passport & all subsequent documents to be generated.

It will be smooth forever for whole of family.

plz help further

In place of mother name write Ur s2nd wife name as mother and keep quiet if Ur first wife claims then keep certified copy of GWA for evidence that she has reliqushed her right over. Her daughter.

In place of mother name write Ur s2nd wife name as mother and keep quiet if Ur first wife claims then keep certified copy of GWA for evidence that she has reliqushed her right over. Her daughter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register