Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Urgent claim on widow family pension

Page no : 2

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 March 2019

Yes, it is a fact that, after 2008 as a part of the implementation of the sixth Pay Commission, Government of India has extended the benefit of family pension to widowed, divoced and unmarried daughters of the deceased Government servant. However, the daughters are eligible only after the mother's lifetime. Moreover, only one daughter, at a time is eligible for family pension. There is no question of the amount of family pension being divided among the eligible daughters.

Furthermore, the contingency that makes the daughters  eligible for family pension ought to have happened during the lifetime of the deceased Government servant or his/her spouse. That is, this not a revolving gate scheme. There cannot be question of a daughter who has been divorces/widowed subsequent o the death of the Government employee or his spouse and the cessation of pension/family pension being eligible for the benfit of family pension.

Inthe instant case, the facts posted suggest that his mother has been widowed subsequent to death of the grandfather who was the Government employee and the grandmother. As such, she not entitled to receive family pension. It is also seen that the elder sister of his mother is already in receipt of the family pension subsequent to the death of the parents and she will continue to receive the benefit during her liftime. The turn of your mother would come thereafter, evn if she is otherwise eligible. 

Malashree Pakira   17 March 2019

My mom and my mom's elder sister no one receive family pension yet. It is not started. But I want this pension. If RTI is possible then please suggest me that what to do now.

My mom and my mom's elder sister no one receive family pension yet. It is not started. But I want this pension. If RTI is possible then please suggest me that what to do now.

Please provide the following information:

When did your grandfather die?

When did your grandmother die?

When was your mother widowed? 

When was your mother's sister widowed?

Mr. P Venu My Grandpa died on 13th October 2013. My Grandma died on 15th December 2015. My mother widowed on 23rd October 2010. My mother's sister widowed on May be 2006-07.

Om Prakash 5th pay commission is applicable to the state govt employees.

From the facts stated, your mother's sister is entitled for the family pension. Your mother's entitlement would commence once your aunt ceases to receive the pension (because of death or remarriage). 

The present imbroglio could have been averted had all concerned had taken timely action to get the PPO of your grandfather revised.

In the present scenerio, the State Government needs to revise PPO by including the names of your aunt and your mother.

As already advised, you may get the requisite information under RTI, and then seek direction from the appropriate judicial forum to get the matter expedited.

Mr. P Venu My mother's sister receive the "Bidhaba Vara" from Govt of West Bengal.

Mr. P Venu My mother's sister receiving the "Bidhaba Vata" from Govt of West Bengal.

Om Prakash As far as I know, if someone get any money from the government, he/she will not get any money from the government. Please provide your mail id so that I can send the circular order.

Shashi Dhara   17 March 2019

It means it is bidaba vetana which is sanctioned for bidabas .by state govt to bidabas .as Ur mother become widow in2010 if she filed application in 2010 after enquiry whether she is eligible or not if she was eligible she was entitled for bidhaba vetana. the govt was sanctioning it.it is not family pension.

Shashi Dhara   17 March 2019

It means it is bidaba vetana which is sanctioned for bidabas .by state govt to bidabas .as Ur mother become widow in2010 if she filed application in 2010 after enquiry whether she is eligible or not if she was eligible she was entitled for bidhaba vetana. the govt was sanctioning it.it is not family pension.

SHASI DHARA my aunt is receiving "Bidhaba Vata" from West Bengal govt not my mom. If my aunt receive the Bhata then why she is eligible for widow pension.

SHASI DHARA my aunt is receiving "Bidhaba Vata" from West Bengal Govt not my mom. If my aunt receive the Bidhaba Bhata then why she is eligible for family widow pension?

Malashree Pakira   18 March 2019

OM PRAKASH sorry for my inconvenience. I send the circular copy of widow pension. Please check this. All the words that you said are correct. My family income was less than 1500 rupees and I submitted the income copy BY MAYOR and SDO of Chandannagar. Please suggest me what to do now.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register