LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahesh   13 March 2019

Buy property without visiting registration office

I hve finalize property deal in Mumbai but before registeration due to personal reason of owner he went to Kerala for 6 months, he will get back after 6 months only.  Is there any way we can do registeration without visiting registeration office in Mumbai ? or i can vist the Kerala and complete the process there for property in Mumbai ?

I will appreciate any help on this.

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     14 March 2019

Registration of purchase or sale of a property is not a mere formality which can be completed anywhere. It should be done in the Registration Office under whose jurisdiction, the said property falls. 

Seller and Buyer should be present at the Registration Office concerned to complete the Sale/Purchase transaction and make the Buyer the legal owner of the property.  However, one of them or both can be represented by a Power of Attorney holder. The Power of Attorney should be a specific Power of Attorney given for the specific purpose of sale of the property and such POA should be registered as per the laws prevailing at the place of execution and again when it is received at the property registration place, differential stamp duty if any has to be paid.

In your case my view is that  it is better you insist the Seller to be present in the Registration Office in Mumbai (where the property is ) and complete the registration. It is not safe to purchase properties based on POA.

1 Like

JASWANT VIJAY AGNIHOTRI (AIR ARMY)     14 March 2019

seems that seller is trying to get more money and not willing to transfer.
register your sell as soon as possible.

Mahesh   14 March 2019

Thank you so much for your kind response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register