Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram   15 February 2019

Is is legal to do marriage without saptapadi(7 steps fire)

Hi,

We had done an engagement ceremony, I am brahmin by caste. I was in process of VISA and my parents search a girl to marry in between. My VISA got approved. Due to time shortage we planed do to all rituals in engagements exception Saptapadi(taking 7 steps in presence of fire). I got marriage certificate under section 7 of Hindu marriage act 1955.  My wifes VISA got rejected by US embassy and mine got revoked because she could not handle the situation.

Is there any law or some religious book which can proove that taking 7 steps are not mandatory. I know we were in hurry but just wanted to know if there is some way. Is it really mandatory step? Sindur and manglasutra are not sufficient?

Thanks,

Learning

19 Replies

NSV VARA PRASAD   15 February 2019

These princples are set out by RAM.   Entire world follows the same.

Shashi Dhara   15 February 2019

U go and register Ur marriage in sub registrar office and take marriage certificate .saptapadi is not mandatory .
1 Like

Ram   15 February 2019

US embassy is focused on Section 7 of Hindu marriage act 1955. Can i reach court? Will it give me certificate that marriage was legal?

Ram   15 February 2019

May be but i am concering about what law says. Ram is invisible and can not prove the statement. I need to know whether it is legal in indian law or not?

Ram   15 February 2019

Mr. Omprakash, please do not comment if you are not a lawyer. I am not begging anything. I am going by law. Human rights you know. I just wanted to know law. I know Shree Ram is legend.

Ram   15 February 2019

Mr. Omprakash, please do not comment if you are not a lawyer. I am not begging anything. I am going by law. Human rights you know. I just wanted to know law. I know Shree Ram is legend.

Ram   15 February 2019

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     15 February 2019

You are in real trouble. I have been dealing all such cases where US Visa for spouse was rejected by US Embassy, New Delhi and just because of the reason of invalid Hindu Marriage, just the marriage registration done on the basis of fake Arya Samaj certificate, marriage certificate of Marriage Registrar used for obtaining Visa. My dear friend guys like you tried their best couldn't get through U.S. Immigration and you think Here you are asking in open forum lay people how to get through this problem and that too free of cost. Forget, nothing comes free of cost not even correct legal consultancy by qualified lawyers.

Ram   15 February 2019

Vijay I have shared my number. You can whatsapp me or give me your contact. I can pay. I just need help to sort it out. Mine was a marriage ceremony and we did everything but not saptapadi(7 fere). My visa also got revoked and I want to fix it. I didn�t not know, lot of my colleagues have done it and get visa but my decoration was not that good. Though we have photos of all rituals. Section 7 itself is not clear. I can hire you if you can promise that court will legalise our marriage. Both parties were agree to avoid that ritual and 40 people were there. We had left saptapadi for reception. Please help 08800374636. What�s app only.

Ram   15 February 2019

So my certificate is also not fake. I have got it through govt marriage registration process. I have visa and I am in US but it got canceled bcs they are considering it fraud. Probably they will ban me lifetime.

test123   15 February 2019

You came to this lawyer forum... These lawyer jobs is the scare you and make money.... nothing is free dude... You can Google No saptapadi 498a. 1st link shows up... Study your case...

test123   16 February 2019

Om prakash......mind your business.... Guy came to get free legal advice. Go back to school and learn some how to be professional in the field.... India has so many different type of people and different religion...rich/poor does marriage differently.. Every immigration in different country run differently..... If you have only knowledge in divorce...then go back in skool....

Ram   16 February 2019

I hail from village area and that is why they suspected on my marriage. Mr Om Prakash I am typing from US. You have no idea how they work. Identity matters. I am here to get advice from my indian experts. I have not done any wrong and no regret.i just have to the best I can. My worst case also best case for thousands of people for work I do.

Ram   16 February 2019

I hail from village area and that is why they suspected on my marriage. Mr Om Prakash I am typing from US. You have no idea how they work. Identity matters. I am here to get advice from my indian experts. I have not done any wrong and no regret.i just have to the best I can. My worst case also best case for thousands of people for work I do.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register