Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sameer   14 February 2019

Divorce of muslim marriage under special marriage act 1954.

Being a Muslim man and My wife being a Muslim lady, got married as per a shariah muslim law(Muslim personal law-Nikah) 4 years back at Delh-India and same was registered under the "Special Marriage Act 1954" at Delhi itself after a year.

I want to know which law will govern our marriage finally regarding validity of my marriage?

Please explain the legal points on this regard.

Can the dissolution of marriage is possible under Shariah Laws.

Learning

4 Replies

Shashi Dhara   14 February 2019

U have registered it under special marriage act so commonly it may apply but on Sharia tripletalaq at once is in parliament but lunar monthly talak for thrice successivelly is still on force.. contact better person who knows correctly about it

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     14 February 2019

In my opinion, the provisions of Special Marriage Act, 1954 have an overriding effect on the personal laws. 

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     14 February 2019

The divorce under sharia law ,consult a Mufti he will guide you .

Nilofer N. Ghani   14 February 2019

Originally posted by : sameer
Being a Muslim man and My wife being a Muslim lady, got married as per a shariah muslim law(Muslim personal law-Nikah) 4 years back at Delh-India and same was registered under the "Special Marriage Act 1954" at Delhi itself after a year.

I want to know which law will govern our marriage finally regarding validity of my marriage?

Please explain the legal points on this regard.

Can the dissolution of marriage is possible under Shariah Laws.

Just pronounce talaq talaq talaq and move on.  If wife has problem let her approach court, dont take any notice.  Dont approach court yourself for divorce or any other thing and mess your life.  Once you enter court, you wont come out of it in this life time. Simply talaq her and marry girl of your choice.  Even better idea is marry girl of your choice and make wife ask you to divorce her through khulanama.  If wife has problem with your marriage during subsistence of this marriage, dont worry, tnothing will happen, let her go to court, dont take notice, summons at all. frm court.  Khuda Hafiz.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register