Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran Kiran (TL)     07 February 2019

I have won the 138 ni act

Hi Experts,

I have won the 138 NI act on 16th Nov 2018, and the accused has gone for CA on 6th December 2018.

Here are my questions 

1. Actally what happes next in the appelate court, VI MSJ court.

2. Within what time accused can appeal and file in the MSJ court. Is 6th December 2018 is legally with stipulated time or not.

Kindly I request you for the response.

THanking you. and thanks a lot for your help and suggestions.

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     07 March 2019

as he within the limitation act and the same will be decided on merits of law and facts.  you put up your case as on what grounds his appeal cannot be mainatainable. 

senthil kumar   28 August 2019

Dear Mr.Kiran,

As per the NI Act revision, If the accused will go for CA, he shall foolw the latest amendment which favors for the complainent,

Government Notifies Negotiable Instrument (Amendment) Act, 2018

August 6, 2018

The Central Government has notified amendment to one of the most essential legislation i.e. the Negotiable Instrument (Amendment) Act, 2018.

The Amendment incorporates Section 143A in the Negotiable Instrument Act, 1881  which provides for the Power to provide for interim compensation to the complainant.

The insertion of new provisions in the NI Act aims at addressing the issue of undue delay in finality of cheque dishonor cases. It is believed that the amendment will strengthen the credibility of cheques and help trade and commerce in general.

• The new Section 143 A empowers the Court trying an offence under Section 138 of the NI Act (cheque dishonor cases) order the drawer of the cheque to pay interim compensation to the complainant. The interim compensation so payable shall be twenty percent of the amount of the impugned cheque. Earlier, there was no such relief available to the complainant under the Act.
  • The Amendment also inserts new Section 148, whereby in an appeal by the drawer against conviction under Section 138 of the NI Act, the Appellate Court may order the appellant to deposit such sum which shall be a minimum of twenty percent of the fine or compensation awarded by the trial Court. However, if the appellant is acquitted, then the Court shall direct the complainant to repay to the appellant the amount so released, with interest.

Please search in web for more information and Good luck for winning and getting the money soon from the accused ( I am also Victim of NI138 since 2011, My order passed in Jan 2018 and CRLA is going on)

Regards,

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     07 November 2019

Originally posted by : Kiran Kiran
I have won the 138 NI act on 16th Nov 2018, and the accused has gone for CA on 6th December 2018.
Here are my questions 
1. Actally what happes next in the appelate court, VI MSJ court.
2. Within what time accused can appeal and file in the MSJ court. Is 6th December 2018 is legally with stipulated time or not.

1.  In appellate court, the judge determines points of law and whether Trial court order is within all the parameters of law and that all evidences (documentary & witnesses) were duly taken on record, before Trial court order. No new evidences would be taken on record.

2. Since the Accused has rightfully filed his appeal within 30 days, you have to ensure that proper arguments are put up against the accused's contentions, alongwith relevant precedents /citations.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Prabhu (technical lead)     06 January 2020

Hi,

"No new evidences would be taken on record.". Can the accused file petition under section 391 to file additional evidence? Can the complainant oppose to this petition? If complainant can oppose, what are the grounds in which counter can be filed?

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 January 2020

Originally posted by : Prabhu
"No new evidences would be taken on record.". Can the accused file petition under section 391 to file additional evidence? Can the complainant oppose to this petition? If complainant can oppose, what are the grounds in which counter can be filed?

1. Appellate Court does not have jurisdiction to conduct Trial proceedings or mark exhibits or record statements of additional witnesses.

2. However, IF the above seems necessary to the Appellate Court, THEN the matter will be remanded back to Trial court, for fresh hearings.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register