LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

daksh singh   26 January 2019

Status quo order

Sir, I would like to know a correct legal remedy. I am a  substisuted plaintiff(since original plaintiff deceased) in a case of specific performance against my cousin brother in which a STATUS QUO order of high court is in force which mentions"Status Quo shall be maintained by both parties till the pendency of the suit". my question is that can defendant enter in an agreement or execute a sale deed in favour of a third party?what should be the course of action for me ? thirdly can this statusquo order stop registrar from registering the suit property in favour of third party till the pendency of suit?

Learning

5 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 January 2019

1. How you can be substituted as plaintiff when you are cousin of deceased plaintiff, not his LR ? 

2. What is the opinion/ advise of the lawyer engaged by deceased plaintiff ?

daksh singh   27 January 2019

Sir I am his legal heir and the defendant is my cousin brother, son of my own uncle.

daksh singh   27 January 2019

Sir I am his legal heir and the defendant is my cousin brother, son of my own uncle.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 January 2019

One can not stop such illegal actions of other parties, and the transaction becomes legally valid only that party gets such judgment in his favour.  Contact your advocate and implead that party also, if you are sure you about such transaction.  There are many money and muscled persons who wish to encash these legal disputes and purposefully purchase those properties for a throwaway price.  Your advocate can mention this transaction to the Court.   Your Advocate can also issue Public notice of status quo orders warning the intending borrowers.  If all these are on record the buyer cannot be treated as an innocent buyer.  If some want a disputed property, knowing this dispute either he might have got studied the case or confident of winning the case in his favour.

P. Venu (Advocate)     27 January 2019

There is nothing for you to do unless the action is complete

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register