LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

498A Victim   23 January 2019

Evidence in divorce

I'm representing as party in person. Can I file list of documents as evidence after cross examination

Learning

8 Replies

Shashi Dhara   23 January 2019

Yes u can file along with delay condonation application..

Sachin (N.A)     23 January 2019

Originally posted by : 498A Victim
I'm representing as party in person. Can I file list of documents as evidence after cross examination

IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

Writ Petition (Civil) Nos. 496 and 570 of 2002

Decided On: 02.08.2005

Appellants: Salem Advocate Bar Association, Tamil Nadu

Vs.

Respondent: Union of India (UOI)

Hon'ble Judges: Y.K. Sabharwal, D.M. Dharmadhikari and

) Additional evidence – Order 28 Rule 17-A of Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 – deletion of Order

28 Rule 17-A does not disentitle production of evidence at later stage - Court may permit leading

additional evidence at a later stage on such terms as may appear to be just if party satisfies Court

that after exercise of due diligence that evidence was not within his knowledge or could not be

produced at time party was leading evidence.

TGK REDDI   23 January 2019

Please state whether it's a criminal matter or civil matter.    Your profile is criminal.     But what about your case?

It's a divorce case, I'm respondent. My question is can I file list of documents after cross examination of petitioner

It's a divorce case, I'm respondent. My question is can I file list of documents after cross examination of petitioner

TGK REDDI   24 January 2019

Even after filing your Plaint, let alone after cross examination, you can't produce documents without prior permission of the Court.    File, with solid grounds, an Interim Application praying the Court for permission.

(Guest)

@498A Victim

do you have only divorce case pending against you?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register