Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hari Hari AK (engineer)     09 January 2019

Bond of 2 lakhs signed in office for training in abroad

Hello Team, 

This is hari from Chennai. I worked for a private MNC in chennai. I had wokred in this company for 4 years. During my tenure, I was sent to Europe for training for a period of 2 weeks. Before going abroad,they made me to sign a 20 Rupees bond paper , for amount of 2 Lakhs. In case  i leave the company in 2 years, I need to pay 2 Lakhs.

IS IT LEGAL TO ISSUE SUCH BONDS TO WORKERS ?

Since I got a new job, I resigned offically within one year of training. I had  a notice period of 3 months ,  During the last 2 months of the notice period, My salary, other allowance, expense LTA was on hold for amount of 1.6 lakhs. Now my company is not issuing the reliving letter, Since i did not pay full amount. 

IS IT LEGAL WHAT THEY ARE DOING ? cAN THEY BLOCK MY SALARY WITHOUT INTIMATION ?

PLEASE ADVISE, HOW TO PROCEED.

Learning

2 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     10 January 2019

The question whether the bond is legal or not you should have thought before signing. Now that you have signed and availled the benefit of going to Europe and undergoing training at Company's expenses, you have to go by the bond and pay Rs. 2.00 lakhs. Alternatively, you have to go to Court and find out whether it is legal or not or whether Court finds it not legal. It will take almost a decade to find out.

To give my opinion, it is perfectly legal for the company to take such bond when they are getting one of their Employees trained in a foreign country at considerable cost.  They naturally and justly expect such trained Employee works in their Company atleast for some minimum period so that the training given to him shall be beneficial to the compnay. 

Therefore, what the Company has done so far is perfectly legal. Now it is for you to decide as noted Para 1 above of my reply.

Shashi Dhara   10 January 2019

Before signing to the contract u shud be aware of the facts and the legal consequences which may bind u future.now it is not easy to escape. Company thinks for its benefit not for u.winning chances is 99:1percent. U contact and request for reduction in amount with well wisher in in company settle with amicably

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register