LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ganesh (Manager)     01 January 2019

Noise nuisance from tenant above

A new tenant has shifted above recently. They make lot of noise of their furniture throughout the day and till late night hours. I have requested them to be considerate and avoid making noise but they are adamant and continue to make noise . They also have a small child who keeps running whole day. My privacy is lost and sleep is disturbed. I have complained to our housing society also but not much improvement. Pls suggest how this can get resolved

Learning

3 Replies

A. A. JOSE (LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER)     02 January 2019

Such noise is normal, especially when one stays in Flat/Apartment, and one should learn to live with it rather than treating it as a "nuisance". Small children are bound to play and make some noise and one should understand and adjust with it instead of finding fault with it. If you are unable to tolerate such noise, perhaps you should move to another accomodation. As you are worried about your privacy, your neighbour may also be concerned about his child's liberty to enjoy his childhood! However, if you wants to further disturb your privacy and peaceful sleep on this minor issue, you may resort to legal actions too.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     03 January 2019

Discuss with the new comer to the Soceity, if unable to resolve, make a written complaint to Managing committee and local police station through a local lawyer.

Ganesh (Manager)     03 January 2019

Thank you Sir for your advice. I will give written complaint as mentioned.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register