LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

maxflow maxflow (NA)     24 December 2018

[Need advice] appearing in PCS interview with pending case

Hi All. Need an expert opinion on the followng case.

however in the beginning of this year,  was arrested by local police falsely under section 419/420 and under provisions of PCA( preventions of corruption) . I had to be in jail  for some time , got bail thereafter. Even the parenting department has not even given prosecuton permission till now. 

In few months , i am going to appear in a State PCS interview  now . There is a column in the form where it has been asked that whether any  Court  ever  arrested/prosecuted/detained/bound/fined /found guilty for any crime  and if yes please give details.

In this case i was not done anything by the court. Police arrested me and presented me in front of court and they sent me for judicial custody and later i got bail and the case is not even started in the lack of prosecution permission 

So what should i fill in this coloum ? should i say no  as court has not done anything or should i give full detail in the column .

Learning

1 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     24 December 2018

It is also fact that case is pending till date and you are not acquitted so no purpose would be served in hiding this fact which otherwise would be misconduct if got selected in PCS. If this fact would be revealed after your selection then you shall be liable for prosecution and termination also from services. Govt. verify the credentials before selection So give the full facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register