LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.N.K. MENON (Chairman)     11 October 2018

E-mail hacking

My son was abroad for about 5 years and now in India from second half of September 2018.  His e-mail had  been hacked by somebody from Bangalore.  He came to know about this when he received e-mails from UBER having booked taxi for travel purposes.   My son  is not able to change his password although tried; that means the culprit  is a professional thief. My son has never been to Bangalore. UBER was not helpful, that means that they were in connivance with the culprit.

Since the act is criminal in nature and the culprit seems to be a professional,  I fear that the hacker could get data from his e-mail and may use it  for illegal and unlawful purposes to obtain new phone, or access his bank account  and hack others email by using link.

In the facts and circumstances, FOR SAFER SIDE, is it advisable  to lodge a police complaint attaching the copies of messages. If so under what provisions of law/IT Act. Any other views shall also be solicited.

Shall be much thankful for considered opinion/ guidance of LC  Experts to enable to proceed.

Learning

1 Replies

V Electrical Services   04 May 2020

If someone steals our personal data and tortures us mentally, which section of Indian law can be applied to it?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register