Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

manishshr1991@gmail.com   16 September 2018

107 bond after regular bail in 498a

Hi,
I've completed my regular bail after chargsheet in 498a for 4 of my family members and 1 is listed as wanted.

After my bail, I am being asked by police to sign a bond under crpc 107.

what should I do? Can i get a stay on this 107 from court??

Learning

3 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     16 September 2018

Bond under section 107 CrPC is for maintaining public peace nothing to do with section 498a IPC which is personal complaint of wife against husband and his other relatives. Police seek bond u/s 107 CrPC for preventing any untowards incidence in the public place that may have been reported against you and other persons hence it is being sought apart from Bail already granted in other matter.

manishshr1991@gmail.com   17 September 2018

Hi Sir, Police has already taken a huge amount from me for bail. Now after singing this bond can they put me in trouble and extort more money from me??

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 September 2018

Who told you to pay police for getting bail from court? If you commit foolishness that doesn't mean things will go as you think or are being misguided by local lawyers at your disposal. The bail is basically allowed by all courts in India for cases u/s498a IPC there is clear direction of the Supreme court in this matter. As far bond of maintaining peace u/s 107 CrPC is concerned that if you want to challenge in court move petition in this regard and get order for the same. However even the court will ask you to follow and give bond for good behavior which is Valid for 1 year and hardly any money spent on it. You are throwing money on corrupt police and local lawyers but seeking free advice from legal experts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register