LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Maan singh   21 August 2018

Help me plzz

Hi I need help my age is 19 and my gf age is 18 but she don't have any proof to show her age to the law and we are from different religion i am hindu and she is Muslim and her parents are doing marraige without her opinion she is not agree with the marraige and I am in a big trouble I don't know what I can do to stop the marraige and if I go for marraige then I come in under age and she don't have any proof than what I can do plzz help me her marraige is after 15 days so plzz give solution fast can we marraige in Arya smaj mandir under special marraige act if my age is 19 and she will be also come in under age because I know her father will file the case in under age Soo plzz give me solution fast what I can do and I decided that we both run away from home and done the marraige but problem I discussed so give me the solution

Learning

9 Replies

(Guest)

Contact a local lawyer dealing in matrimonial cases, he will guide. The girls shall have to under go medical examination to deteremine her age. 

Any other solution sir for my problem

Adv. Varun Vij (Advocate)     21 August 2018

I would tell you in India the boy needs to be 21 to be eligible for marriage. 

Now coming to your query, It is illegal to be forced to get married as per Article 16 and Article 23. Such marriages are Voidable.  

Immediate steps to be taken:

1. You must contact Women protection and welfare cell in your local police station and file for domestic violence and cruelty against people who are forcing you to marry.

2. Contact National Commission for Women and file your complaint against such act.

3. You can file a criminal suit but make a mutual decision before you proceed.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 August 2018

The only legal issue is that law is unable catch up with your hurry.

There is no law that prohibits a girl of under 18 years from falling in love" NEW DELHI: Putting its seal of approval on the love marriage of a below 18-year-old Muslim girl with a Hindu boy, the Delhi High Court on Friday ruled that it is not an offence if a girl of that age elopes with her boyfriend and then marries him against the wishes of her parents. "If a girl of around 17 years runs away from her parents' house to save herself from their onslaught and joins her lover or runs away with him, it is no offence either on the part of the girl or on the part of the boy," Justice S. N. Dhingra of the Court said in his judgment. The marriageable age for girls is 18 years and for boys it is 21 years. Mr. Justice Dhingra pronounced the judgment on a petition by the girl seeking directions to the Delhi police not to take any action against her husband, Vivek, on a First Information Report lodged by her father with the Nand Nagri police station in North-East Delhi. Married The couple married at an Arya Samaj Mandir in Yamuna Bazar opposite the Old Delhi railway station last April. "There is no law that prohibits a girl of under 18 years from falling in love. Falling in love is neither an offence under the Indian Penal Code (IPC) nor under any other penal law," Mr. Justice Dhingra said. Referring to incidents in which couples in similar situations were lynched in broad daylight in the past, the Court said: "The present-day scenario of this country did not give an assurance to the petitioner (girl) that she was safe in the house of her parents as media reports about the fate of such girls and couples are horrifying." Alluding to the case in hand, the Court said that it was a case where provisions of law were grossly misused and there was a gross abuse of the process of law by continuing with the FIR when no offence was made out. After reading this decision tell me that can I use same criteria to getting decision in my favor because I decided to marry with my gf in Arya samaj mandir because her parents are doing her marriage without her opinion Soo plzz tell me this criteria is effective for me or not ?????

Maan singh   23 August 2018

Plzz reply any one or give suggestion on behalf of this decision I am in problem plzzzz reply me M/s Varun g and verendra g

Adv. Varun Vij (Advocate)     24 August 2018

Sir,

If you carefully read previous my reply, I suggested you a way out and steps to protect your interest here. As I clearly state, you are not eligible to get married as you are underage. Hence, best you can do is  refer to relevent authorities and to protect your rights. Even when she does not have an age proof, the root cause stands as it is basic right of an individual and no one can enforce a marriage without consent.

Adv. Varun Vij
Juris Falcons Law Group

Maan singh   24 August 2018

Can I call you sir the number you have given me in reply for further discussion

Adv. Varun Vij (Advocate)     24 August 2018

hello,

yes, you may call me. please do so after 3 pm.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register