LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajeev gupta   12 August 2018

trademark/copyright

I have coined a name/word. And i will be using it as my brand. How can i protect it from being used by anyone else? I want that nobody from any business domain could use it. In other words, I want exclusive rights on it.

example: cadbury, mcdonalds, google, woodland etc etc. as these names cannot be used by anyone.

Please Help?

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Register the same ...

Nidhi Jain   12 August 2018

sir go to www.ipindia.nic.in and get your brand name registered from there by paying prescribed fees . if after registration some will use this name you get injunction -interim or permanent order,claim damages and books of accounts from other party on proving your side in court!!

rajeev gupta   12 August 2018

Thanks for the reply... I have to get the trademark registered under a class. Now suppose i chose class 20 for registration and then anyone can use it for some other product in some other class (say 40). Please elaborate? Also, can i get a copyright over my wordmark?

Majeed KM (Lawyer)     21 October 2018

Protection is only for one class. If you register in Class 20, the protection will be only for that class. If you need protection in another call you have to register that call also

Chitrang Gamot   16 June 2019

Hello, hope so u r doing well!
yes it is true that the protection under trademarks act is given to single class only but I want to explain u that there r 2 ways u can protect ur coined word
that is first get register it trademark in class 20
& through the use try to make ur trademark very famous so that it can be held as well-known trademark by the registry... once ur trademark got famous it will prevent any other to get the right to use ur mark...
now 2nd is copyright registration,
file AN APPLICATION FOR COPYRIGHT REGISTRATION WITH NOC LETTER BY TRADEMARK REGISTRY, IF THE NAME IS REGISTER IN COPYRIGHT...

Contact Me:- 8828095938
email id:- chitranggamotmksaboo@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register