Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarthak Nayar   24 July 2018

Writ against kashmir university

Respected members, 

I am a student currently pursuing my LLB from Delhi University, i was to go for a moot court competition from out college.  The competition was to be held on 2,3 and 4th of September 2018.  After completing all the registration procedure and we were even allotted the Team Identification Number by the organisers, we decided to book the Air tickets in order to avoid the last minute rush.  However suddenly we recieved a mail from the organisers that due to an unavoidable circumstances the competition has been postponed and now will be held on october.  This came as a shock to us espicially after we got our tickets booked.  My question to members is should the organisers compensate for the loss they have caused to us and can we approach the court possibly in this case the High Court of J&k as its a public authority. 

Any advice will be welcomed.

Thanking You

Sarthak Nayar

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     24 July 2018

Did they issue any letter to you  to book the airline tickets for the moot court competition ? 

Sarthak Nayar   24 July 2018

@Rama sir They had while allotting us the team identification number sent information regarding food and accommodation where it was stated that travel shall be done by the team themselves, so it was implied.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register