LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohan Gohel   19 July 2018

Drinking case in gujarat

Hi everyone, I need a help from everyone on urgent basis. I was caught drunk by police in gujarat a year ago and I got the summons recently on that. I was been aressted for 8 hr and than I got bail, but before that my medical examination was done. Now I am working in IT industry and if I get convicted in drinking case than that could hammper my carrer in IT industries as well as getting visa/pr for foreign country. I not know any legal terms and too much worried. I am not sure if accept than I need to 250 rs as penalty and will get released but don't know the consecuensis of conviction. Or should I fight the case? and if I fight than is there any changes to get uncovicted. Or is there any kind of settlement can we done with court in this matter. Please help me out.

Section applied against me : BOMBAY PROHIBITION ACT, 1949     section :066,085

Learning

5 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     17 October 2018

This is is not a major misconduct which will stand in your way anywhere.

Rohit   23 June 2019

Same case happened with me. Now I want to apply for PR in canada and that need Police clearance certificate. I want to know that will this be considered as a criminal record and reflect in Police clearance certificate?

Rohan Gohel   24 June 2019

Rohit this will not interfere in you police clearance certificate, I did police verification twice after that. Go ahead no worries
1 Like

Rohit   24 June 2019

Thank you so much Rohan. Now i will be able to sleep properly. Just one question though. While applying for PCC in passport website. They ask one question that "have you ever been charged with conviction in any court of india or is any criminal proceedings pending against you" should i answer yes or no?

Rohit   24 June 2019

And while police verification, if police asks that if i have had any case then should i answer yes and tell about this case or should i say no?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register