Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sugar Daddy   14 July 2018

Seeking divorce from disabled/handicapped women!

My brother married a women on 12 may 2018. within 1 month of marriage his wife was unable to walk properly. after getting medical examination we got to know she has a spinal cord disorder which compress nerves, this disorder may or may not be treated and can leave her paralysis for life also surely we people were not informed about this disorder and doctors says this disorder cannot develop overnight. now we are looking forward for divorce as he and my family cannot look after her she needs assistance for every single thing. what can be done and on what grounds can we file divorce he is a government employee and his wife is govt employee too but now not working as she is disabled. we have been cheated as truth about her health wasn't disclosed and her parents have just left her with and not accepting her back. she is forcefully living with us.

Learning

8 Replies

test123   14 July 2018

was all of your dum f**k blind when you met this women at the 1st place, ring ceremony, time of marriage ?

day of suhagrat ?

divorce is not a joke which your family will face now.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     14 July 2018

No chance of getting divorce or annulment as per the facts and circumstances mentioned here. Cheating allegation will not stand in your support as the medical opinion that this complication can incur anytime not necessarily it was in the woman much before she got married. This is no ground for divorce or annulment so just forget using it , however if you are not interested to continue the marriage than compromise with her for divorce by mutual consent, pay her permanent alimony and maintenance for this.

she was Fine before and was walking fine we were not blind 500 people saw her but suddenly 2 weeks after marriage her condition worsened. sure we won't continue marriage with her anymore sooner she will be unfit to produce children even if she does she is there are 50% chances kids can get same disorder she has. I know it's not a joke so I m seeking advice here.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 July 2018

Contact local advocate.  It is always better to get a divorce than live together hating each other.  Let your brother proceed and do not over react to the problem of your bother, as he is a Govt servant and can look after his interest.

Nerve compression is now becoming common women and there are many treatments available now.   Hope she can get better if some one shows her to an expert.  The statement that 50% chance for her kids inheritance is a myth.

we got her treated in AIIMS they told us so. yea really ! looks like I am emphasizing problems of my brother ? if nerve compression is so common every other women would need assistance to walk...

we got her treated in AIIMS they told us so. yea really ! looks like I am emphasizing problems of my brother ? if nerve compression is so common every other women would need assistance to walk...

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     14 July 2018

Have they given a Medical certificate that she is never capable of walking and it is not possible to get cured and not fit for married life, or that she was suffering with those problems and doing a Govt.Job with such miserable health conditions before marriage.

The compression may be common, the severity may differ.  It depends on the actual place, in the vertebral column. Fever is common.  But you can not question as to why every one is not being hospitalized because conditions may differ. 

When once you have decided on something for your brother, you can proceed through a local advocate, instead of seeking other's advises, after taking final decision.

They are not ready to treat her even. Let alone giving any medical certificate. But they have told she will have to go various surgeries and after that also there is no guarantee at all that she can walk. She is merely a burden. This is a lawyers forum right so I was looking for advice here from experienced people ? We have decided just wanted to know things in our favour and against us and what can be done before we file anything

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register