LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saran   11 July 2018

Wife left me

wife left me without divorce in 2002 we were married in 2001in 2002 she married another person because I was a student and he was rich .we married in temple and I have the certificate of our marriage.I call her after her marriage in one month to come back but she refused and left with him to america And I have not seen her for 17 years I called her one month back in2018 but she told wrong number and now she is not lifting the phone and its switched off.iam depressed and suffering from chronic depression after she left me in 2002._and I called the boy in 2002 and explained him about my love affair and told him that we are married from 2001.he insulted me on the phone and told me I was drunk.I heard later when I called him next day he told me that the girl told him that she don't know me.and for few years iam trying to contact him on Facebook and LinkedIn and wrote him messages but he blocks me.what shoud I do

Learning

15 Replies

Raghav Arora   11 July 2018

Hi! Thanks for the question!

From your question it is evident that your marriage has been irretrievably broken and any of your exercises will prove to be futile. So you are adviced not to waste your time, money and energy. Situation here is one that is more or less impossible if we take a look from your side. As you have already delayed 17 years, the court in any light is not going to favor you and leagl proceedings shall only worsen your situation. Just get yourself working and out of the depression with the help of a doctor and lead a better life.

Good Luck!

Saran   11 July 2018

Hai I studied on the we that hidhu marriage act will help me

Saran   11 July 2018

Hai I studied on the we that hidhu marriage act will help me

Yes it could help you as she has wronged you BUT, the time factor will severe your guard. Where have you been and what have you been doing since 17 years would be what the court asks you at the very first instance.

And she being in America, it is more difficult to lay hands on her.

Saran   11 July 2018

I was in Europe from 2002 till 2010 in a single room due to depression but I was calling her father in law but he changed he number.I was depressed because she left me

ayesha.b.elixer@gmail.com   11 July 2018

my dear frnd, better find out someone for another marriage .bcs ur going to waste ur time on her.

TGK REDDI   11 July 2018

Seen that the women married another man without obtaining divorce.        I don't suggest you that you should prosecute the man or the wife though, however, you can.

The period of 17 years helps you to say that your marriage is irretrievably broken down. But this can't enable you to marry another girl.        Apply for divorce.     It's easily obtained on the stronger ground that she married another man.     But the Court can't prosecute the woman.      No other person can, either.       Because matrimonial offences are to be complained against by aggrieved parties only. 

You may think that, fearing her offence, she won't disturb your second marriage.     You're right, though.      But if she hazards?        Then?       Your offences won't cancel each other.      Both of you must go to jail.     If you can't prove her marriage, only will you go to jail.

Why all this botheration?

Saran   11 July 2018

I have the marriage certificate we both or Hindu.

What can I do when I am not able to forget her

TGK REDDI   11 July 2018

What I meant by If you can't prove her marriage is If you can't prove her second marriage.

Can't forget her?       Such a love is dangerous.        Face dangers.      No out for you, I'm sad to tell.

Saran   11 July 2018

I can prove her marriage because she is living with him and we can get her details from the registers office because without register marriage document she would not get visa to go to usa

TGK REDDI   11 July 2018

Is it not possible that they're living as friends and that your name is given in the records?        May be possible but normally not.

Nevertheless, as mentioned in my reply,  I don't suggest that you should prosecute them.

However, it's still strange you can't forget a hating wife.

Saran   12 July 2018

But in Hindu marriage act I don't see any time limit given

And its only given if her first husband is alive then her second marriage is void

Thats what I studied last night

TGK REDDI   12 July 2018

The first line of your last post obfuscates me.

So you're no accepter of the above advices of the learned members.      They're not unwelcome advices and it's no use blinking at them.

Your passion towards her admits of none of the above suggestions; you're cheerfully ignoring them and, of course, you're at liberty to ignore.     I'm not unhappy.      I respect your freedom.

But, after all, what suggestion do you expect from us?

Should we suggest that she should live with you?      How can we?     How can she live with you without a liking for you?        It's not enough that you die for her; she too must like you.    

Should we consider your passion and ignore her dissatisfaction?

Love must be reciprocal.     Should we support you at a time when you're loving an unwilling wife?        Sorry.    My conscience doesn't allow me to.

Because you're alive, her marriage won't be void but be punishable.       She'll go to jail in stead of coming to your house.       How can your lust vanish if she goes to jail?

It's immoral of you that you want to live with her who doesn't like you.      It's not legal either.

If, nevertheless, you're bent upon to prosecute her, then go ahead and take revenge.   Perhaps you're more interested in taking revenge againt her second husband.      If he says he's ignorant of the first marriage, you can't do anything against him.

Dear Questioner!     Keep your cool.      This's good for your health and your pocket.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register