LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Honest Raj   09 June 2018

family agricultural land partition

hello sir, father of my grandfather had 40 acre of land. this land is partitoned to my grand father and his brother. my grandfather got 8 acres and his brother got 12 acres . and remaining acres are illegally changed to the guys who farmed our lands in 1985 . my grandfather doesnt know what happend on that time he went to other state and lived there for long time. and my grandfather has 1 son and 2 daughters. but he registered the 8 acres of land to me ( iam his sons son). he told me that its is partitioned land so I have a right to register a land to you. is it correct or may my father and his sisters should file a case on me.... and I want to file a case on my grandfathers brother and people who hold our 20 acres should it be successful.... please help me on this....

Learning

10 Replies

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     09 June 2018

Dear Querist,

How has the partition taken place ?

Is there any "will" of your grandfather ?

Regards

kapoor.legal@gmail.com

Yes only for fregistration for me,,, he unaware of 20 acres

Rahul   09 June 2018

Issue : 

1. After Partition Does Ancestral Property lose its Ancestral Charecter? 

Yes,After Partition Does Ancestral Property lose its Ancestral Charecter? Any property divided through a partition deed, family arrangement, etc. loses its ancestral character. "The pre-requisite is that the property should not have been divided by the users in the Hindu undivided family as once a division of the property takes place, the share or portion which each coparcener gets after the division becomes his or her self-acquired property," says Hardeep Sachdeva, senior partner, AZB & Partners. The Supreme Court in 2016 has given a judgment to the effect that any property which has been previously partitioned or which has been distributed in accordance with Section 8 of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956, on principles of intestacy ceases to be joint family property and no suit for partition can lie in respect to such property.

.2. Is Registered Will by your Grandfather to you valid?

Yes, Since After Partiton of Ancestral Propety it losses its Ancestral character. Your Grandfather gifted you his own property(Partitioned land) .Yes it is Valid.Grandfathers Son(Your Father) and 2 Daughters have no right over Registered Testamentary propety.Unless your Grandfather makes a new will and registers it.

3. Can you File a case agianst GrandFathers Brothers and people who hold our 20 acres would it be successful ?

Grandfathers Brothers and Other people  have got title to property in 1985 (according to your info) ,So any suite filed by you will be barred by Limitation Act .,i.e.Barred by time limit.So cannot file.Plus you will have to find all the original documents then trace back the property and the people who illegaly acquired your grandfathers property and prove that you have a BETTER TITLE TO THE PROPERTY THEN THEM.

You Cannot File suite ,Barred by Limitation Act and No better Title. Suite filed will not be successfull.

(Please Like this Comment and Help me better help you)

1 Like

Sir I have one brother and sister could they file a case

Rahul Kapoor (Legal Enthusiast)     09 June 2018

Dear Querist,

Do you have anything to support the ownership of your grandfather with respect to 40 acres of land ?

Regards

kapoor.legal@gmail.com

my grandfathers father passbook and papers ... his father didnt sold or partitioned the 20 acres , that farm was farmed by those people's they made patta without our concerns... I asked lawyers they told that in 1990 s people made pattas which they farmed without owners concern...

Rahul   09 June 2018

Will my Brothers and Sister have Calim over the Property?

No your Brothers and Sister will not have claim over the property. Because it is not ancestral property.

1 Like

Thnx rahul , your message is great. Can you give your contact no or email. I will get back to you when I collected all documents.... thanks

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 June 2018

The legal heirs of deceased owner/title holder have right to approch courts of law that are Parens Patriae.....( Parent to the Nation) and this right cannot be infringed upon..

However courts decide on provisons of law, sorrounding facts and merits..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register