Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ajit Gunge (Developer)     14 April 2010

Case against IRCTC/Railway ministry

Hi All,

Recently I had booked a ticket using irctc and at that moment the ticket was confirmed and when I actually went to board the train the chart didnt had my name in it and the seat was allotted to some other guy.Is it possible for me to have a case filed against the indain railway for this?.Please guggest..

Thanks and Regards,

Ajit

Learning

11 Replies

Pradeep (Advocate)     14 April 2010

definitely you have a remedy. but you should have proper records to show that your ticket was confirmed and you have paid for the same.

Before filing a case you need send a demand notice to the railways, for which railways either have to accept the liability or deny the same. if railways itself is ready to compensate you, why do you want to file a case ?

In case railways refuses to provide appropriate remedy, your case is covered under Consumer protection Act, and you can approach the district consumer's forum claiming damages for deficiency of services by Railways.

AEJAZ AHMED (Legal Consultant/Lawyer)     14 April 2010

Dear Ajit,

Yes, you can file a "Consumer Complaint" before the 'Consumer Court' your Territorial Jurisdiction/Town against the following authorities:

i)  Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited; and

ii) Concerned Railway Authorities

Kindly go through the below attached Judgments and website for your reference.

https://www.consumercourt.in/transportation/16240-online-railway-reservation-irctc.html

Attached File : 52 52 irctc consumenr cases.rar downloaded: 476 times

shrikant chede (law officer)     15 April 2010

I do Agree With Experts

abhishek (NA)     24 November 2011

Dear Sir,

I have travel by train on 2nd june 2011. Booked four ticket for my family (four member) but unfortunately only two get confirmed as RAC and remaining two remains in waiting. Me and my wife both have travelled as RAC through out journey. when I have asked for Refund  for remaining two ticket at customer care irctc and they have filed TDR on my behalf on 10th june 2011 and told me that it will take 60 to 90 days max to get refund.

Almost 150 days pass to that but till didnt get refund nor get satisfactory answer form their side, they are also not giving me Railway people no.

N ow just today, i got a mail from irctc, where asking that kindly provide us "refund memo" but I dont know about the same and i have also not received from TC at the time of travelling.

Please help me out about this issue or guide me what to do ahead?

Detail of Ticket given below

PNR NO. 8354412783  TRANSACTION ID 0324651436

RAILWAY ZONE : NRBSB

BOOK BY MY HDFC BANK ACCOUNT ONLY

IRCTC ZONE WHERE TDR FILE BY IRCTC ITSELF : CCM/CLAIMS NORTHERN RAILWAY, STATION BUILDING, VARANASI.

TOTAL TICKET CHARGE 4052

TDR FILE ON 10TH JUNE 2011

TRAVELL DATE 2ND JUNE 2011.

Waiting for your positive reply form your side.

Rgds,

Abhishek Pathak

abhi_pathak4u@hotmail.com

abhishek (NA)     24 November 2011

Dear Sir,

I have travel by train on 2nd june 2011. Booked four ticket for my family (four member) but unfortunately only two get confirmed as RAC and remaining two remains in waiting. Me and my wife both have travelled as RAC through out journey. when I have asked for Refund  for remaining two ticket at customer care irctc and they have filed TDR on my behalf on 10th june 2011 and told me that it will take 60 to 90 days max to get refund.

Almost 150 days pass to that but till didnt get refund nor get satisfactory answer form their side, they are also not giving me Railway people no.

N ow just today, i got a mail from irctc, where asking that kindly provide us "refund memo" but I dont know about the same and i have also not received from TC at the time of travelling.

Please help me out about this issue or guide me what to do ahead?

Detail of Ticket given below

PNR NO. 8354412783  TRANSACTION ID 0324651436

RAILWAY ZONE : NRBSB

TRAVELL FROM AHMEDABAD TO HARIDWAR IN 3RD AC

BOOK BY MY HDFC BANK ACCOUNT ONLY

IRCTC ZONE WHERE TDR FILE BY IRCTC ITSELF : CCM/CLAIMS NORTHERN RAILWAY, STATION BUILDING, VARANASI.

TOTAL TICKET CHARGE 4052

TDR FILE ON 10TH JUNE 2011

TRAVELL DATE 2ND JUNE 2011.

Waiting for your positive reply form your side.

Rgds,

Abhishek Pathak

abhi_pathak4u@hotmail.com

ananth (bpo emp)     12 March 2012

Hi  Sir

I  am from Chennai , I holding the session pass for a month ,it is from thambram  to  egmore  .day  before yesterday  I have travel in train  from  thambram to egmore ,where from thambram the platform is common all trains, but in egmore  there is specific platform for every train, ticket checker  holed me on main  exit, she explained that reason why she hold me , then accepted that  I  agree to pay , but  I  said that  I need the proper document where and why you  hold me , but  they denied to  that, after  long  conversation  they , threatened me that they will hand over  me to CRP,  and  they  said today is Saturday ,   so you  have to  in locked over till Monday , and they treated me as third class person, so I been cornered  so  ok  said them to do whatever their wish   ,so they gave slip of 310 rs ,as a fine , slip mention that  I  have traveled in train without ticket and mention the  train no ()  but  they caught me main exit ,mentioned train arrives by  12.30 pm  but  they hold me  by 11.30 am

So  then  went  to  station  master by  Monday  for same issue ,they t we can’t  do  anything  on  this  if issue  they  asked to  file case on  railway court , Sir  i  not having  the solid English there may  many  mistake , so  that  you  can’t  get  what I  am  tried to explain  if it  is possible please send ur mobile number  to  my  mail id  please …… karkicraig@gmail.com

Chetan (Engineer)     09 January 2013

Hi,

2 months back I've filed TDR since ticket was not confirmed ( only one passanged got confirmed out of 3 ). Till now there is not response from irctc, whenever I do mail customer care service they reply that they are working on it. How do i file case for this?

Thanks,

-Chetan

J. P. Shah (RTI & CONSUMER ACTIVIST)     11 January 2013

For unreasonable delays please use RTI. You may refer 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/share_files/How-to-use-RTI-for-long-pending-matters--7364.asp

Mohideen Sikander (Engineer)     09 October 2013

Hi I am from chennai,

My friend booked one ticket online through online banking of my account in his IRCTC login id. The ticket was cancelled 24 hrs before. But the amount is not refunded yet. Its almost of 13 days gone after the ticket is cancelled.

Journey date & Time: 27.09.2013 - 05.05 pm

Cancelled date & time: 26.09.2013 - 05.02 pm

Please clarify whether i can file a case against this & anyother enquiry to be done with railway. What are all the documents required to file a case against this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sikander

akash kumar barmaiya   05 January 2016

I have filed a TDR on 29-09-2015 in a ticket which PNR no is-8138100958 and tansaction id is-100000282526696 from jabalpur to gaya in,which journey date was 29-09-2015 due to only 1 seat in RAC was confirmed  out of 6 seat and no one was travelled,but so far i have not received any amount regarding this TDR filed.I have emailed them so many times but they always reply this

Dear Customer,

Your TDR requested against PNR No._____8138100958 _____ has been forwarded to _________EASTERN   Railway on ________. IRCTC not received refund from __________ EASTERN  Railway.Once refund is received from ________EASTERN   Railway the same will be credited back to your account.

Your complaint further referred to ________ EASTERN  Railway through e-mail id "____ccm@er.railnet.gov.in_____________________".

Please note that the decision about the repudiation/ rejection or amount of refund has been taken by the concerned Zonal Railways as per extant Refund rules of Indian Railways and not by IRCTC.
what should i do about this please help me out,

swatis5   05 May 2016

As per my opnious, there shoud be a system error, you may contact with TT or IRCTC Resgistration booking counter.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register