LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kiran searching answers (working)     13 March 2018

How to get a copy of the 482 petition filed in hc

I would like to get a copy of the 482 petition filed in the Karnataka HC .

Will it possible to get on my own or online ?

How much will it cost ?

Learning

6 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     13 March 2018

Who filed the petition? Are you a party to the petition? The above information is necessary to provide answer to your query.

Sir, i have not filed the petition. But i'm one of the respondents to the petition filed.

The case has been disposed and rejected in the admission phase but i would like to get a copy of what has been filed . would that be possible ?

Thanks in advance

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     13 March 2018

The petition u/s 482 Cr.P.C already decided by the High Court, even if got dismissed at admission stage is kept in the records of the court. You can apply for the certified copies of the case file by moving the appropriate application and paying the amount for the CC of the same in the copying branch of the High Court.

1 Like

Normally the parties file only minimum copies (2 for judges) initially.

Only when notice is issued, then they used to supply adequate number of copies to be served on all the Respondents.

Therefore since the Petition has been dismissed at the admission stage itself, the Registry/HC Section concerned may not have copies to make available to you.

Further just because you have been made a party, does not mean that you will get a copy, unless you had filed a Vakalatnama and entered appearance.

As the matter has been dismissed, at this stage, your vakalatnama would not be accepted.

Therefore, it will be difficult to get a copy of 482 petition.

However, suffice it for you to know that based on the case pending in the lower court, the petition u/s 482 has been filed for quashing the proceedings.

In any case, Check up with the High Court, by indicating the Case No. Year and title of the case.

1 Like

Sir, would it possible to apply for the copy online ? and can i apply for CC without the help of a lawyer ?

It is not possible through Online.

Yes, you can apply for the copy even without the assistance of the Advocate.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register